Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Ok while chasing some balls have been unplayable. I was 60/0 and now 83/5. Butler is on fire! All caught behinds!

Just to add to what people are saying!

I seem to have found a remedy that works for me! 405 runs in 105 overs or so at 3.9 for me is perfect!

A day and half a session they batted!

Firstly yellow is best yes, but yellow with the bar not stopped in yellow can still be hit my batsmen who are in! especially agaisnt tired or low in confidence bowlers!

If you bowl light green greenish... and stop outside yellow you most likely will be dispatched!!

However if you stop it in yellow, can still be effective!!

I don't want to get edges for the sake of it, I want to get them because it's possible to get them and not just with spinners either. Also, surely you get edges to top order batsmen sometimes as well?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Yeh you do get lot of edges from to order batsman as well you need to be quick and bowl a bit short. If you bowl to full edges die down and also depends on how quick the wicket is. I have had 3 caught of the pace bowler when Playing at Brisbane!

PC demo, by the way. Yes, I'm sure they are there: maybe I'll do some experimenting with the line in my next game. I'm still looking forwards to the full game.

I don't know whether its hopeful cricket fans, or for real, but you need to have a gameplan. You need to think like Andrew Strauss (on a good day, no when you're International (Are England still a test side?) captan).

Im really confused to what you are doing!... AI in ODI have score 222, 247 and 287

off 45 overs 50 overs and 49.2 overs!

How do you bowl!

I just bowl on a length on the yellow circle and then get hit over extra cover for 4 and 6.

Think I may be missing a trick here somewhere, unless my version of the game is extremely bugged :eek:

yep, there are edges to be had top edges inside edges etc to the keep!!
Top edges to the keeper of the quick are great!

That's in the full (PS3) version, isn't it? I'm still expecting to see vast improvements over the demo as far as edges are concerned. By the way, I don't find bowling boring - am I the only one?

I don't want to get edges for the sake of it, I want to get them because it's possible to get them and not just with spinners either. Also, surely you get edges to top order batsmen sometimes as well?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Yeh you do get lot of edges from to order batsman as well you need to be quick and bowl a bit short. If you bowl to full edges die down and also depends on how quick the wicket is. I have had 3 caught of the pace bowler when Playing at Brisbane!

The full game, then. Which version?

I don't know whether its hopeful cricket fans, or for real, but you need to have a gameplan. You need to think like Andrew Strauss (on a good day, no when you're International (Are England still a test side?) captan).

I just hope my order can get its arse moving on Monday...

Very proud of this game just dissapointed with the lack of modes and also I thought we cud create a player and play in the ashes which is not possible but overall well done I just got my game in 25 pounds in india cameras can't be changed batting or bowling playing ashes on hard took 2 wickets in the first over as england and now australia are 45 for 6 plz there shud be a patch and sum edits guys for ps3 love u all

I am on xbox 360 and while chasing 177 in ODIs I am 144/7 butler has taken 4 wickets including a hat trick.

nimish_sach added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Make that 144/8 another caught behind. And I was defending this one

I am on xbox 360 and while chasing 177 in ODIs I am 144/7 butler has taken 4 wickets including a hat trick.

nimish_sach added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Make that 144/8 another caught behind. And I was defending this one

How many run outs ?

I really enjoyed Bowling at the South Africans for a day and a bit! Very good fun and required thinking!

Sounds good. There is a sneaking suspicion on my part though that some bugs/differences in AI's behaviour have made it into the PC version that didn't make it into the PS3. If that's the case, they have to release a patch or two. If they don't, they'll destroy our faith in them as a developer that actually cares about supporting their game and not just do an EA.

Users who are viewing this thread