Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Should make a thread just for people to flame this game seems to be alot of it going on

Ridiculous is right. I'll extend this by saying that it's another flawed cricket game and I won't be buying it. I'll be coming across as a whiner but I'm just about done sending hundreds of dollars into the pockets of developers who don't deserve it.

People have been talking about a patch for weeks already. Why should we be waiting for a patch? And what's the chance of it fixing so many bugs and errors? It might address one or two issues but there seem to be at least 6 or 7 significant problems.

Why should the public be forced to make mods to try and 'fix' the game? These are things the developers should have done with the original game. How on Earth can you miss so many glaring problems like AI runouts and bowling speeds? All you have to do is play the game once. Either their cricket knowledge is severely lacking or they're just plain lazy.

Baseball games like MLB09 are superb are essentially flawless. Some say you can't compare cricket to other sports for computer gaming. Why not?

Some say that because this is Transmission's first attempt at producing a cricket game, we should cut them some slack. I say that this is the year 2009, and the technology should be up to scratch. There was a review I read recently - one that I found particularly generous - which claimed that Transmission had addressed the problems made in the past. I disagree. Issues like poor AI pacing and incorrect statistics have been around time and time again over the last decade, but again they are not remedied. Like I said, all you have to do is play the game once to expose these incredibly frustrating mainstays.

The companies that make baseball games might have more funding, but I don't see why that has to account for them getting all the fundamentals right with their game, while cricket developers don't learn from the mistakes of the past. That excuse doesn't wash with me. 10 years of flaws, yet here they are again.

This post of mine is harsh, I'm aware of that. But every time a game is released, I am there at the store on the release date with $70-100 in hand and anticipation rushing through my veins. And each time I've had to put the game back on the shelf and wait for the PC modders - bless their efforts - to make their own mini-patches to fix another faulty product.

I'l keep my money in my account this time.

I don't think your post is harsh and I can understand the frustration and everyone has the right to express their opinion, even if we don't personally agree with it. Thats surely what forums are for so all that yawning is unneccessary. I like to hear the opinions of various people and make my own mind up about whether to buy the game or not (which I have done) but respect your right and everyone else's right not to do so, and your arguments are quite valid. I guess it comes down to whether you can make something work for yourself or not. If yes, enjoy if not don't buy it and find another way to enjoy yourself. Thanks for posting.

Yaa game looks awesome....

but still best cricket game is not released

graphics are good but cricket is a very tough game to simulate....

also commentary part sounds pretty similiar to BLC 2007! Same lines... Only Warne's factor is a change

BAtting Controls are new & nice! but requires too much pressing! :)

are there any other commentators beside jonathan agnew and shane warne

My Feedbacks – After playing games in Demo PC

Step up - Good features :
[^] Outfield, stadium, Pitch
[^] Players& Physical look
[^] New & nice Controls for batting, bowling, fielding
[^] Statistics display & simplicity
[^] technologies hawk eye, pitch marker, etc are nice
[^] Catching has been made simple
[^] scorecard display, playing guide are nice
[^] Definitely far better than BLC’07

Backlogs
[-] Encountered run out bugs, batsman standing at middle of crease without running and being easily taken off by the fielders!
[-] Batting – Some drives & cuts are not looking perfect or pleasing (square cuts, On drives)
[-] Reverse sweep could have been added, (if anyone knows how to play tell me pls)
[-] Sounds same old commentary, Only changes is S Warne’s inclusion.

Over all, Codemasters managed to produce super BLC 99 so early and we fans expected much more advanced version from them, but not able to get that extra satisfaction!

I would come up with updates after getting Full version tomorrow!
Thanx friends

always get a feelin after playin cricket games is somehow ppl making the games dont get paid , thats y they all suck big time... :laugh

I don't think your post is harsh and I can understand the frustration and everyone has the right to express their opinion, even if we don't personally agree with it. Thats surely what forums are for so all that yawning is unneccessary. I like to hear the opinions of various people and make my own mind up about whether to buy the game or not (which I have done) but respect your right and everyone else's right not to do so, and your arguments are quite valid. I guess it comes down to whether you can make something work for yourself or not. If yes, enjoy if not don't buy it and find another way to enjoy yourself. Thanks for posting.

I agree with you. The other thing I would like to add is that I think it's important to try and contribute something constructive, even if your thoughts don't concur with mine. Simply placing a "Yawn :facepalm " is just taking a cheap shot at someone rather than adding something potentially useful to the conversation. I returned the sentiment to the original poster but will leave it at that.

I like the way you responded, though. *thumbs up*

The game itself has become a real worry. Who knows whether or not the problems can even be patched or otherwise handled with mods. I'm going to wait this one out this time, and see what comes up in the way of dealing with the multiple downfalls that have already been brought to light. I may need to wait a couple of months or more before I really know.

but no other go... we wont stop playing cricket games...

even if it can be anything :laugh :banana2

Do you have the PC version mate? There will probably be some form of squad editor released in the near future.

If you are really desperate then you could create the Aussie and English players in the player creator and just copy the attributes and characteristics and then put them in your rep teams.

Well Well Well.

Its strange that a game called "The Ashes" is actually better at replicating and more fun playing ODI's and 20/20 games that actual test matches!:eek:

The first 20/20 game I played was awesome and went down to the last ball.

India were all out for 149 (me:D) and New Zealand hit the 150 with 2 wickets to spare on the last ball of the game it was such a close game all the way and exciting:banana2:banana2

I love this game in the short modes but Test matches just dont seem to come off right or have the "right feel", I cant quite put my finger on it, maybe I just haven't got into the test side of things enough, but with ODI's and 20/20 being so much fun I just want to play these:banana2

Overall though this has at least lived up to my expectations from the demo, there's a few annoying little bugs here and there but it doesnt spoil the whole experience for me yet:D

I agree with you. The other thing I would like to add is that I think it's important to try and contribute something constructive, even if your thoughts don't concur with mine. Simply placing a "Yawn " is just taking a cheap shot at someone rather than adding something potentially useful to the conversation. I returned the sentiment to the original poster but will leave it at that.

I like the way you responded, though. *thumbs up*

The game itself has become a real worry. Who knows whether or not the problems can even be patched or otherwise handled with mods. I'm going to wait this one out this time, and see what comes up in the way of dealing with the multiple downfalls that have already been brought to light. I may need to wait a couple of months or more before I really know.

Hello mate, have you played the full version?

can any1 confirm if the batsmen and super aggressive even in the full games during test matches

Users who are viewing this thread