Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I think there is hope for test matches yet. Just finished the first test at cardiff, and i won, just. I messed up early game 4th innings letting them get to 150/1. I was trying new stuff and none of it worked.

One thing was annoys me is that my bowlers are always timid, and their batsmen are always fearless. I can get edges, bowl maiden after maiden, yet my bowlers after a few overs are timid. And they remain timid and tired for the rest of the day, even after breaks. Not sure how its supposed to work, but its broken.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 40
Well done gas, that looks really good.

How the hell are you getting wickets, I keep bowling a tight line and restrict the runs, but get no edges and pretty much every wicket is a run out. I have worked out how to restrict runs but still cannot get players out, any advice would appreciated.

Nice work, my only concern with that scorecard is Rashid going at 10 an over..............

Well done gas, that looks really good.

How the hell are you getting wickets, I keep bowling a tight line and restrict the runs, but get no edges and pretty much every wicket is a run out. I have worked out how to restrict runs but still cannot get players out, any advice would appreciated.

I feel your pain, look at their second innings score. I really thought they were going to do it. As they got to 300 odd i got a wicet (i forget who) and then i got two more wickets in the same over. Even new batsmen came out and slogged. But after those quick three, Clarke and Watson settled down and played proper test cricket. After they put on 50 i started to sweat as they weren't slogging.

I found that if you bowl perfect line and length, you keep the scoring down, but the cpu never mistime a shot or anything. They get used to it. Everyone now and then you have to throw up a bad ball, say put it in a good area, but stop it on the dark green bit of the execution meter. Often they will play the shot early and present a catch to an outfielder or the slips. This does not always happen, you can easily get plonked for 6, but that's how i have been getting my wickets as of late.

I wish i could get bowled's or lbw, just never happens. Think i have had 1 chop on, and that's it. Not even close to getting lbw's for me. They just never miss a straight ball which is a shame.

The_gas added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Nice work, my only concern with that scorecard is Rashid going at 10 an over..............

Yep, do not use a spinner, its pointless the game mechanics are broken for spinners.

Spinners can work although there is a seriously small section of where they are meant to bowl lol! Im in the middle of a cracking test match! Here the AI scorecard for those who did not see and need a boost of faith lol!

Note: Botha and Morkel were only interested in sticking around for Duminy!

The new ball was crucial to finishing off innings!

Attachments

• end 002.JPG
    end 002.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 48
One thing was annoys me is that my bowlers are always timid, and their batsmen are always fearless. I can get edges, bowl maiden after maiden, yet my bowlers after a few overs are timid. And they remain timid and tired for the rest of the day, even after breaks. Not sure how its supposed to work,

Mate looks like your getting a decent test match aswell!!.. I found out when the middle order got a lil aggressive i brought on someone fresh and not tired. a few well directed bouncers got his confidence up and a few body blows dropped the batsmens!

I found bowling a tad straighter helps when bowling spin, or was this just a one off ?

Whenever I bowl in the yellow section I get tonked :crying

Mate looks like your getting a decent test match aswell!!.. I found out when the middle order got a lil aggressive i brought on someone fresh and not tired. a few well directed bouncers got his confidence up and a few body blows dropped the batsmens!

Thanks, maybe i will have to try this because once a bowler is down, he is down for the whole test match. Even taking wickets did not help, only improved it a little.

So with a timid bowler, attacking the batsmen with short balls?

So with a timid bowler, attacking the batsmen with short balls?

Yeah but i had one batsmen Duminy.. going well as you can see from scorecard! But there was Botha as well 1(71) just sticking in! I bowled at him with the timid bowler... slightly more defensive field and built his confidence up!

Def worked!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Whenever I bowl in the yellow section I get tonked

This is unless its a real dusty wicket a spinner wont be that effective untill day 3-4!!:)

P.S what is the odd music that goes with this game on the PS3 homepage lol!

Last edited:
Are you supposed to match the colours together ?

Say if you bowl in the dark green area and then the same in the speed gauge, will this be tonked everytime or not ?

Spinners can work although there is a seriously small section of where they are meant to bowl lol! Im in the middle of a cracking test match! Here the AI scorecard for those who did not see and need a boost of faith lol!

Note: Botha and Morkel were only interested in sticking around for Duminy!

The new ball was crucial to finishing off innings!

Sweet, no run outs!

My spinners are proving economical guyz! :)

also how to handle medium pacers like collingwood? :help
for me almost 99.95%, timing gets edge i can t play a shot against him at all...
any help pls!

Are you supposed to match the colours together ?

Say if you bowl in the dark green area and then the same in the speed gauge, will this be tonked everytime or not ?

Morning Bravo!

No the yellow is the best ball execution! Yellow and yellow is perfect, however you can bowl light green and green, but you will have to execute them perfectly otherwise they willl be dispatched!! However sometimes you need to vary it up and bowl that perfect "Green, Light Green" ball!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Sweet, no run outs!

I dont seem to have a problem with them!

Loving it, 46/1 coming up to Lunch on Day 2!

Morning Bravo!

No the yellow is the best ball execution! Yellow and yellow is perfect, however you can bowl light green and green, but you will have to execute them perfectly otherwise they willl be dispatched!! However sometimes you need to vary it up and bowl that perfect "Green, Light Green" ball!

wealey88 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

I dont seem to have a problem with them!

Loving it, 46/1 coming up to Lunch on Day 2!

Morning wealey, how do you control swing ?

Whenever I click on swing, I never find the yellow it's always light green or dark green.

Swing is difficult control! Naturally!

Instead i normally select straight delivery, then change it to a swinging one! Possibly press swing once every over and put it in the lightest green i can find!

However im on a hot sunny day with no wind! So swing is at a minimum! IM batting now, and its a batting paradise!

Users who are viewing this thread