Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Thanks I was hoping for you to reply. I'll take your word for it, when I bat in games I'm not a big fan of smashing sixes so hopefully I can work something out.

I guess it also has online play appeal.

Does anyone know how to stop spinners getting thrashed all over the place. When I am bowling I place the marker on yellow and the the bowling meter on yellow but just get thrashed all over the place. Any advice would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how to stop spinners getting thrashed all over the place. When I am bowling I place the marker on yellow and the the bowling meter on yellow but just get thrashed all over the place. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mix it up,

Press the button for the stock ball, and then maybe now and again stop the meter by pressing the Doosra or top-spinner.

Changing the angle also helps. A packed offside field is what I use for the offspinner.

Ok will try that, but normally my spinners go for 18-20 runs an over.

Ok will try that, but normally my spinners go for 18-20 runs an over.

Mine used to, now I can easily have them rotating at about 3rpo. I was playing at Kolkata, and Swanny was bowling at 0.67rpo off 14 overs, I had men all round the bat, and they either defended it off short, or was cut off when they got bat on it. So it is definitely possible.

Hi guys - I have just signed up to PlanetCricket after scouring the web to find people who have been playing this game since it was released - I'm really pleased to have found the site!

I received Ashes Cricket 09 on the PS3 from Zavvi.co.uk last Thursday and have been playing it pretty solidly over the past 5 days,

I am playing an Ashes Series, as England, on difficulty = Hard. I find the balance for batting is just about perfect, I've just finished the 3rd Test of the Series and my totals in my 6 innings have ranged from anything between 67 (on my first attempt!) and now between 180 to 450.

However, I''m finding bowling far too easy. So far I have bowled Australia out 6 times, and they've not reached more than 160...I've bowled them out for under 100 on 3 occasions. I bowl a pretty full length just outside off stump with outswingers, occasionally mixing it up with inswingers, bouncers & the odd slower ball. Almost every wicket is caught at 2nd slip (Alastair Cook gets about 5 catches per innings) or midwicket. I had them 0/4 in the 1st innings of 3rd test, 4 wickets in James Andeson's 1st over (including the hattrick trophy with the first 3 balls of the innings), all 4 caught behind, 3 by Cook, one by Prior.

I'm 3-nil up in the series. I've checked the scorecards & from the 60 wickets taken, 44 have been caught, 8 run outs (probably 7 of these have been the runout bug), 5 lbw, 3 bowled (all have played onto their own stumps).

The game has so much potential, batting is brilliant. The bugs are obviously annoying but the biggest issue for me is how easy it is to bowl the oppopsition out, even on "Hard".

Sensible fellow, so have I. In fact, save regularly no matter what you're doing or which game you're playing, as you never know when your PC will decide to fall over on you. :) For me, the AI's runout bug will not worry me too much, unless it happens all the time (which it doesn't), because I won't mind just reloading.

As ulukai mentioned here it seems that increasing fielders skills helps ease run outs..anyone else tried this?

The thing is, if they release a patch and it only changes small things, and makes the game even a slight bit better. People here will definitely look at both Codemasters and TG in a better light.
Yeah mate, I think all that we really want is the run-out bug and also the AI batting fixed. I wonder if Transmission Games can make a patch???

1st test update

England 373 all out (100.3 overs) North 8/58
Australia 447 all out (93.5 overs) Swann 3/97
England 17/0 (5 overs)

5 run outs in the AI innings :facepalm

Yeah mate, I think all that we really want is the run-out bug and also the AI batting fixed. I wonder if Transmission Games can make a patch???

they are not going to mate, its all up to our pc boys to come up with something

they are not going to mate, its all up to our pc boys to come up with something
What are you basing that on? They are currently working on a patch for the game, no details on exactly what it will be fixing, but it is on the way.

What are you basing that on? They are currently working on a patch for the game, no details on exactly what it will be fixing, but it is on the way.
Thats good news.:) Hope they are working on the main Bugs and they should release it for all the 3 versions. Not to leave out PS3 users as happened with demo.

That's good news. Now, if it can fix some AI issues, instead of just concentrating on stability issues, our faith in them will be rewarded. The patch is for all formats (well, Xbox 360/PC/PS3 at least)?

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Mix it up,

Press the button for the stock ball, and then maybe now and again stop the meter by pressing the Doosra or top-spinner.

Changing the angle also helps. A packed offside field is what I use for the offspinner.

And I find that mixing up the degree of spin helps as well - this also helps with the swingers. In my match yesterday, the runrate was going along at 3/4 rpo until I had to put the spinners on because all my bowlers were knackered. I hope that's been fixed in the game. If not, it must be a priority for the forthcoming patch, alongside the AI's runouts.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

i dont understand this.....if transmission can create a new thread for displaying even crap video quality trailer....why cant they post atleast giving a hope of the game being patched ??

ATLEAST "we are looking into it" ??

It is being patched, WHM has confirmed it. :happy

Users who are viewing this thread