Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I suppose when you put it like that just off the bat 10 hours in 2 days sounds a little long. when you break it down like that it doesn't seem too bad.

Had a go at a few of Beefy's challenges but its food and film Thursday. Report back nearer Midnight. Seems enjoyable shame you cant play in all the stadia from the start. The stat errors from the demo eg Broads batting stats have been fixed. Looking forward to Adil Rashid and Vaughan guiding England to a Yorkshire inspired victory later.

Most of the locked stadiums are locked for one particular game mode. All the ones we need (the Ashes ones) are all available for the Ashes.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

It's quite easy to spend 10 hours in 2 days playing. 2 in the morning, 3 hours in the night.

That's not really all that much in the grand scheme of things.

But, this was only my first game, it will need plenty more playtesting before I can determine whether this aggressive AI was a freak or not.

Hello mate after the 50 overs the AI has been 266-8 and 245-9 and in a test after day one they are 324-6

So they pace it quite well... sometimes u get an odd match! but if you bowl well it results in a realistic AI response... bowl loose they try to launch everything getting out in process!!

Enjoying?

so has anyone lost james andersons record yet and gotten him out for a duck in a test match. i dont think i have yet and he just got off the mark on his 16th ball this time up

@paradisekingy
i have added you on ps3 mine is zechelseaboy i hope i got your name right and it was you i added.

I will be getting my copy of ashes 2009 in 12 hours :D:D:D:D
*subject to availability*

Hello mate after the 50 overs the AI has been 266-8 and 245-9 and in a test after day one they are 324-6

So they pace it quite well... sometimes u get an odd match! but if you bowl well it results in a realistic AI response... bowl loose they try to launch everything getting out in process!!

Enjoying?

That sounds quite encouraging. Nice one.

And yes, I'm loving it, especially batting.

In reply to the New Zealanders' 144 I'm currenty 29/0

Strauss 13* (23)
Bopara 12* (20)

I'm going to grind this one out :D

i not told the pitch at sydney is a belter but will take spin!
i choose to be aus just for the hell of it
oh dear! loose toss and im in the field
at lunch

ENGLAND 150-0 not even a chance!
they rattle along
strauss reaches 150.. cook on 96
2 overs before tea
and then Hauritz strikes
Cook stumped and gone!
bopara come out and servives to tea

ENGLAND 297-1
however after tea foot holes appearing and this so called spinning wicket at sydney starts to turn!
Bopara looking good snicks off to slip after Hauritz delivers the one the goes staright on

300-2
the Hilfy gets strauss! slower ball caught in the cover

310-3 gone for 177
things start to happen the pitch is spiining
K.P goes for 15 LBW to hauritz

330-4 and im sencing a window of oppatunity
I bring part time north on spin at both ends... he snaffles freddy going for a cut.. chops onto stumps!!

352-5
THEN IM NOT FINISHED LOL!!
Hauritz bowl another beauty to get prior caught at slip

376-6
and just before stumps on day one Siddle delivers a cracker that moves away and takes broads edge!!

379-7 at stumps!!
i was emotionally exhusted and had to save it!
Love it!

Very Dissapointed Chris Martin is not included in the game - bowling at the tail will never be quite so easy again

yep i got it. will have to play you in a 20/20 at some point, i still havnt got round to buying a mic yet though

Yh well ill be going into town at 9, so should be back by 10.30, before me playing a single offline game or and legends, if your online illl message you if you want a match.

nooo i so thought swan was going to make his 50 but out on 49 from 78 balls. he resurected my innings though 215/9 after 56.1

harmy and flintoff at the crease. for some reason it keeps putting flintoff at 11 in the order so he only come on a minute ago lol. hopefully harmy can defend everything and freddie century

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

nope harmison out after 3 balls edging a defensive shot. micheal clarke tore me apart and got figures of 3 for 6 runs from 5.4 overs lol

i not told the pitch at sydney is a belter but will take spin!
i choose to be aus just for the hell of it
oh dear! loose toss and im in the field
at lunch

ENGLAND 150-0 not even a chance!
they rattle along
strauss reaches 150.. cook on 96
2 overs before tea
and then Hauritz strikes
Cook stumped and gone!
bopara come out and servives to tea

ENGLAND 297-1
however after tea foot holes appearing and this so called spinning wicket at sydney starts to turn!
Bopara looking good snicks off to slip after Hauritz delivers the one the goes staright on

300-2
the Hilfy gets strauss! slower ball caught in the cover

310-3 gone for 177
things start to happen the pitch is spiining
K.P goes for 15 LBW to hauritz

330-4 and im sencing a window of oppatunity
I bring part time north on spin at both ends... he snaffles freddy going for a cut.. chops onto stumps!!

352-5
THEN IM NOT FINISHED LOL!!
Hauritz bowl another beauty to get prior caught at slip

376-6
and just before stumps on day one Siddle delivers a cracker that moves away and takes broads edge!!

379-7 at stumps!!
i was emotionally exhusted and had to save it!
Love it!

That's what I'm talking about!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread