Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I was bowling with Freddie and got spanked for 24 off an over.

someone creamed me for 20 online of one over .....was using a spinner, not quite got the hang of them yet....as in how to stop people scoring never mind taking wickets

dot balls with a spinner online anyone cracked it?

Australia (AI) 389-7

Siddle 1 wicket
Hilfy 1 wicket
Hauritz 3 wickets
North 2 wickets

Seamers who bowl 90 do get smacked!... these 7 wickets were...

3 caught in slips
1 LBW
1 Bowled
1 Caught Covers
1 Stumped:banana2

Its been top test match action!!:happy

Australia (AI) 389-7

Siddle 1 wicket
Hilfy 1 wicket
Hauritz 3 wickets
North 2 wickets

Seamers who bowl 90 do get smacked!... these 7 wickets were...

3 caught in slips
1 LBW
1 Bowled
1 Caught Covers
1 Stumped:banana2

Its been top test match action!!:happy

Not a bad mix. If a few were caught by the keeper as well, that'd make it even better. :)

Not a bad mix. If a few were caught by the keeper as well, that'd make it even better.

Funny you should say that!... off Hauritz just now he edge it.. The Catcher circle came up for Haddin but before he pouched it it clipped top of off so it was a chop on!!

People need to realise the lil edges that die off the bat.. are not really edges just mistimes rubbish... But when you get an edge and the catcher comes up... it fliies to the slip!!

Iv been loving it!!!:banana2:happy

Game on!

Funny you should say that!... off Hauritz just now he edge it.. The Catcher circle came up for Haddin but before he pouched it it clipped top of off so it was a chop on!!

People need to realise the lil edges that die off the bat.. are not really edges just mistimes rubbish... But when you get an edge and the catcher comes up... it fliies to the slip!!

Iv been loving it!!!:banana2:happy

Game on!

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the mistimed 'edges' are actually meant to be leg-byes, because that's how they act.

Next time I pre order something, I'll use Shopto. Play.com are obviously not going to dispatch it until tomorrow, so the most likely time of it arriving is Monday. It could be later than that though, thanks to the idiot Royal Mail and their strike.

Last edited:
Not much - there's going to be a Postal Strike in London tomorrow, with other parts of the UK being affected on Saturday.

Had a go at a few of Beefy's challenges but its food and film Thursday. Report back nearer Midnight. Seems enjoyable shame you cant play in all the stadia from the start. The stat errors from the demo eg Broads batting stats have been fixed. Looking forward to Adil Rashid and Vaughan guiding England to a Yorkshire inspired victory later.

The challenge where you have to restrict Australia to 16 or less in 3 overs with the real bad Indians is hard!

yes but 10 hours, in 2 days. thats ridiculous. Fair enough he's not in his home country atm but still, there's other things to do.

Burnsy1, there are folk out there who watch The Wire for hours on end over two days, or Lost, or surf the web. there's little difference, except Ashes 09 is more interactive. why is computer gaming a bad use of one's spare time?

speaking personally, I have a job where I get everything done from home between 9am and 4pm. Why shouldn't I lock down for a good 5 hour session? 10hours in the first 48 hours of this game sounds moderate, actually.

I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Getting It From ASDA for ?25 tomorrow :banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2

Just got my game this afternoon (PS3)

Just finished my first innings...

ODI Exhibition New Zealand (AI) vs England (moi) on HARD

Played in Antigua & Barbuda :) warm conditions, 3 day old pitch, overcast

New Zealand won the toss and put themselves in.

I got them all out for 144 in 30 overs and dropped about 7 catches aswell :doh

I hope this is not indicative of the batting AI as they were far, far too aggressive. I made seven catches to take wickets and as I said I dropped about seven aswell. If I had taken those chances, well, you can see they would barely have got over 100.

One thing that was encouraging though, not a single run out. They didn't even take a single chance hardly in the running game :banana2

So, briefly, my first (bowling at the AI) innings summary...

Pros

I bowled two batsmen out and got an Lbw with Swann, all the others were caught. Nice variation of wickets taken.

Enjoyed bowling and setting the fields immensely

Their run rate was 4.8 rpo in the end. Nice.

Love the catching mechanic.

No run outs!! :banana2

Cons

The overly aggressive AI, if they could avoid playing so rashly, so quickly, this could be a classic game. If I'd taken all my chances they would have probably not got over 100 :(

But, this was only my first game, it will need plenty more playtesting before I can determine whether this aggressive AI was a freak or not.

look I'm not saying that if my copy arrives tommorow I won't spend a lot of time playing it, but I just think it's a bit strange that someone can spend 10 hours in only 2 days playing a game. I'm not judging them though. The most I have played in a day is 4 hours which is a lot but at the time I was 12. The playstation 2 took up most of my time. I'll probs push 2-3 hours tommorow if not more but I cannot spend along time at once playing it. Will play and come back. That's all I'm saying. Cannot wait to play though. Wouldn't mind playing against you online if you're getting it on PS3, I'll post my PSN in the appropriate thread.

look I'm not saying that if my copy arrives tommorow I won't spend a lot of time playing it, but I just think it's a bit strange that someone can spend 10 hours in only 2 days playing a game. I'm not judging them though. The most I have played in a day is 4 hours which is a lot but at the time I was 12. The playstation 2 took up most of my time. I'll probs push 2-3 hours tommorow if not more but I cannot spend along time at once playing it. Will play and come back. That's all I'm saying. Cannot wait to play though. Wouldn't mind playing against you online if you're getting it on PS3, I'll post my PSN in the appropriate thread.
It's quite easy to spend 10 hours in 2 days playing. 2 in the morning, 3 hours in the night.

Users who are viewing this thread