Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

you know when you push down the right analogue stick and it gives you some statistics like ball wear. anyone wish you could change the actual camera to that view??

would be well good i think

It might be interesting.

AKA the Flintoff effect;)

Speaking of fired up fast bowlers, are there any deliveries you can unlock for them like with spinners?

This is ridiculous, I think I have played this game a bit too much. Playing a custom Test Series India(Me) against South Africa on Hard Mode. I have got so far 418/6 in just 37.3 overs and now I am bored slogging. Here is my scored so far:
Gambhir 31(28)
Sehwag 18(30)
Dravid 79(53)
Tendulkar 80(59)
Raina 56(21)
Yuvraj Singh 141(41)*
Dhoni 0(1)
Harbhajan 2(3)*
I was 120 odd in 20 overs and then started slogging.

I have a radical idea about your predicament:

Stop slogging and play the game properly!

^ sounds to me like you are just exploiting the game. If you use the loft and advance shot all the time it will ruin the game for you.

Maybe you should play 2020 instead.

Agreed.

Well you says its on hard but we dont know that so it could be on Easy... or u r jsut amazing at cricket games..

I just want to play properly against some1 online who can starve me for runs if i slog and get out I should be able to grind and get runs. Proper stuff. And all this is after choosing a day 5 pitch.But I have to stay India' s batting is one of the strongest in this game. They are way ahead of others.

This game just gets more unrealistic by the minute :)

who thinks overall that it is a very good game cuz personally i do but i do think that bugs will be sorted out shortly with a patch im on 360 by the way wat you lot think

This is ridiculous, I think I have played this game a bit too much. Playing a custom Test Series India(Me) against South Africa on Hard Mode. I have got so far 418/6 in just 37.3 overs and now I am bored slogging. Here is my scored so far:
Gambhir 31(28)
Sehwag 18(30)
Dravid 79(53)
Tendulkar 80(59)
Raina 56(21)
Yuvraj Singh 141(41)*
Dhoni 0(1)
Harbhajan 2(3)*
I was 120 odd in 20 overs and then started slogging.

From the looks of this, it looks like you are charging the ball a bit too often. Just stop charging the ball and play. That's exactly what I did in the demo as I was getting around 60+ in 3 overs. We all know the game is not perfect but its just that you have to adjust yourself as well.
If you rely only on the multiplayer, then expect people to quit games, bowl with cheating tactics eventually.. etc..

From the looks of this, it looks like you are charging the ball a bit too often. Just stop charging the ball and play. That's exactly what I did in the demo as I was getting around 60+ in 3 overs. We all know the game is not perfect but its just that you have to adjust yourself as well.
If you rely only on the multiplayer, then expect people to quit games, bowl with cheating tactics eventually.. etc..

I haven't come down the track even once. I started of playing all grounded shots and then started lofting everything after I got to 200 odd for loss of 3 wickets. I just started to smack everything then with Yuvraj.

Well whoever said that I was playing on easy well if you want I can start recording the whole match for you if you are willing to download it?
Well I would say only Ashes scenario is realistic if you play any custom tournament or test series the AI isn't as responsive as it is in Ashes. When i was playing ashes I got bowled out for 169 but got a 100 from Symonds of 50 balls and got a trophy for the fastest hundred in a test and got a stadium as an unlock.
If you can guess the pace right you can smack everything I find spinners easiest to bat against. Quick bowlers who are genuinely quick are difficult to time as you just get single bar to perfectly time it Whereas other crap bowlers you get a big chunk

Ok well maybe i dunno
im getting it tomorrow (the pink ball made the decision) :D:D

maybe there is a download patch for when servers come online cuz i cant imagine they would have put this game out knowing these bugs maybe patch when servers come online possibly what you lot think

Has anyone played against innerbreed on xbox live
I am playing a t20 against him

nimish_sach added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

sorry indie baderman

I haven't come down the track even once. I started of playing all grounded shots and then started lofting everything after I got to 200 odd for loss of 3 wickets. I just started to smack everything then with Yuvraj.

Well whoever said that I was playing on easy well if you want I can start recording the whole match for you if you are willing to download it?
Well I would say only Ashes scenario is realistic if you play any custom tournament or test series the AI isn't as responsive as it is in Ashes. When i was playing ashes I got bowled out for 169 but got a 100 from Symonds of 50 balls and got a trophy for the fastest hundred in a test and got a stadium as an unlock.
If you can guess the pace right you can smack everything I find spinners easiest to bat against. Quick bowlers who are genuinely quick are difficult to time as you just get single bar to perfectly time it Whereas other crap bowlers you get a big chunk

Then stop lofting everything! Loft balls that you would in real cricket.

Ok got the first wicket online hoorraay
England 8/1 in 2.3 overs

nimish_sach added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

got another 14/2 in 4 over

nimish_sach added 5 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

England 33/4 in 6.3 overs T-20 Online

Multiplayer game review (offline)

Ok. here are my 2 cents about playing with my brother (offline) on ps3

everything else is fine in this game but one thing annoys me the most. Spinners and medium pace bowlers.

with spinners and medium bowlers you throw a really slow ball (with no power in it) and the ball seems so slow that its impossible to time it.

and then the number of catches wicket keeper gets with spinners is insane.

i was 49/2 and when the spinners came i was all out for 61.
although i only played one game and i am basing above judgment on that. i havent played anything online yet but will do once a get xbox version.

please tell me is it me or maybe just my timing, but it seems very hard to play spinners in multiplayer with different bowling speeds. maybe i am not good enough yet. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread