Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Ok after 10 overs i have noticed the cpu bowling a few too many no balls.

Most overs they change field placings and come at you with a different form of attack.

Here are some screenshots from 10 overs in. Am doing well with strauss timed a cover drive and a drive through mid wicket. Haven't been able to time it as well with cook yet.

This is on hard btw, if your patient batting does not seem to be that hard. Keep your batsmen's confidence up, and only play shots to bad balls if the bowler has confidence.

are you seeing varied length bowled by the AI or they are just bowling overpitched and short stuff only like in the pc demo

Im playing at Sydney and im bowling... Quick outfield and lovely deck for batting... they batting sensibly but ticking it over!!

Real challenge to grab a wicket! Hot conditions 34 degrees bowlers knackered after 4 over spells!!

I NEED A WICKET!!!!

Oh after lunch is brighter, then sun is higher in sky and everything look mid dayish!! lol

another runout bug

keen to get the full pc game tomorrow

hey - on the demo version, playing as Australia I've batted second a couple of times. Each time, when my batsmen are running for a 2 or 3, one of them completes his run in the middle of the pitch as though he had got to the other end.

Does this thing happen in the game itself? bummer if it does:doh

Im playing at Sydney and im bowling... Quick outfield and lovely deck for batting... they batting sensibly but ticking it over!!

Real challenge to grab a wicket! Hot conditions 34 degrees bowlers knackered after 4 over spells!!

I NEED A WICKET!!!!

Oh after lunch is brighter, then sun is higher in sky and everything look mid dayish!! lol

Good stuff!

What's the new ball look like, because in the demo, it looked like an old ball to me - not shiny enough and too light a red colour. The ball from BLIC 2007 was spot on.

Can you believe I was literally a few minutes too late getting my registration for shopto through, because when I had finished, the status of Ashes 2009 PC had gone from 'last few in stock' to 'preorder'. All other versions are in there, damn it!

I NEED A WICKET!!!!

Use a spinner and get some in shot cover catching position. I got 3wickets in my game when players were driving on the up I brought the player in. However once they got out in this fashion they stopped playing that shot!

Good stuff!

What's the new ball look like, because in the demo, it looked like an old ball to me - not shiny enough and too light a red colour. The ball from BLIC 2007 was spot on.

Looks ok to me... loved the look of the shiny white one in the one dayer!!

Im desperate for a wicket could be in for a big total! Should of gone in with 4 seamers they all cream crackered!!

gas boy, whats your opinion on the game atm ?? ;)

I like it, however i have not tried bowling yet.

are you seeing varied length bowled by the AI or they are just bowling overpitched and short stuff only like in the pc demo

Yeah its actually better than i thought, there is a bit more in-between bowling than in the demo.

I will post my next scorecard's once i reach 20 overs. I had to restart from 7 overs though because after i quit forgot to save the game. :mad:

se a spinner and get some in shot cover catching position. I got 3wickets in my game when players were driving on the up I brought the player in. However once they got out in this fashion they stopped playing that shot!

Gave that a go... i took my mid on out as they never played it there.... to my suprise and slight happyness they then nudged it to mid on for a single lol!

132-0 still no breakthrough!!

Impressed by the game so far.

Had a look around, played a T20 and got smacked, literally.

GABBA looked awesome under lights. Got school tomorrow :mad::(. But it will get an absolute flogging over the weekend.

Love the game. Cba giving anymore reviews but I will say that me and Simon had a boss game on Xbox Live before. Bowled him out for 58 then he reduced me to about 35/9 or something and then I had a class partnership with Sidebottom and Anderson only to fall 4 runs short. :(

Have to say so, Simon's catching was the difference. I dropped about 4 chances and he didn't drop any. Superb.

This is so frustrating - I could've had it ordered by now, but they won't be getting anymore in today now. If they don't get any in tomorrow, I'm sticking with the play.com order. Maybe it'll switch to 'packing' later today, so it could get here by Saturday...

very please people are enjoying it now they have got the game and playing it!!.... Iv had some great moments... got 8 wickets in my one dayer!!

Cant buy one in the test!! Its going to be a long old day in the field!!

If theres no wickets by tea....well.....no bowlers please!

On the subject of no free hit, is was evident in a Twenty20 game I played, but not the 50 over one I played straight after!

Users who are viewing this thread