Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I ordered the PC version thru ShopTo on Tuesday night. It arrived this morning.

With regard to recorded delivery - I was out this morning but the package had still dropped right through my letter box, it had been pre-stamped as Signed For by ShopTo.

Warner gone triying ot hit a straight six to a ball that was too full and i edged it to the keeper it was a good catch though;) 1/31 now

Why are you using Warner? WTF. Is he in the squads? Is there a list of all the player squads for this game somewhere?

After 20 overs, this is where I'm at.

Strauss was dropped in the covers off a mistimed drive, watson was the bowler.

It was much easier to hit watson for runs, because of his lower bowler ratings he found the execution meter harder to perfect, meaning on most of his deliveries my timing window was larger. However because he bowls so slow compared to the other aussie bowlers it took some time to get used to his reduced pace, and hence the mistimed drive. Luck going my way so far, bowled off a no ball first delivery and now dropped in the covers. Its gonna be Strauss's day.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-18-78.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-18-78.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-12-31.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-12-31.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-09-35.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-59-09-35.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-54-26-00.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 15-54-26-00.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 40
Why are you using Warner? WTF. Is he in the squads? Is there a list of all the player squads for this game somewhere?

yep warner is in the sqaud well the ODI sqaud havent checked if hes in the test match squad though

Second stumping similar to the one with Strauss. 46/2 England.

nimish_sach added 7 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Now pietersen is hitting me all around the park. 26 off just 14 balls.

After 10 overs aus 1/46(me). With marsh going along nicely on 26 of 36 balls and ponting on 4 of 12 balls. Things have slown down since the loss of warner although he wasnt scoring that fast i have played more defensively because i didnt want to loose 2 quick wickets and it seem pakistan have bowled a fuller length

Unfortunately i have to go to bed now its 11 in aus and i have school tommorow. :(

I'm absolutely gutted, just walked into my local GAME store to see Ashes Cricket 2009 on the shelf occupying the No.1 position on the 360 Chart.

There's a member of staff next to the wall, so I was over and say 'Is this for sale now?' to which he replies 'Yes'. There was no price on the box but I didn't care, the chance to get the game a day before retail release meant I was willing to pay the extra ?5 over Tesco prices.

Walk up to the counter with a stupid grin on my face from the excitement of starting a full Ashes series. The guy behind the counter (wearing a 'Store Manager' badge) puts his sandwich(!) down and looks at me as if I'm an idiot - 'That's pre-order only, we're not selling it until tomorrow'. I ask 'you have it on the new releases wall, and your staff told me it's available today'. He again looks at me like I'm an idiot and says 'No, you'll have to come back tomorrow'. He couldn't even tell me how much it is.

I'm going to try my local Tesco superstore at about 12.30 tonight just in case they decide to stock the shelves after midnight. I've seen them selling a few new releases just after midnight before.

At least it sounds like they ironed out a load of the crap in the demo.

Australia are 110-3 after 17 overs in the first Ashes Test. They were cruising at 84-0 but then Broad removed Hughes and Ponting in quick succession. Then 2 overs later Clarke got run out. :(

Katich is still in and has a SR of about 110, which is partly due to my poor bowling at times, although he seems a little too aggressive for a Test match. He really laid into Swann last over - I pitch it on optimum and get smacked for 6. :crying

Ok sucidal run out. England 131/4 in 19.2 over Pietersen Hammering me 52*

nimish_sach added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

FInally bowled him 56 of just 32 balls.
England in a spot of bother now. Spinners have got 4 wickets

Pietersen bowled by Katich.
England 135/5

nimish_sach added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Prior Gone too after hitting a six!
141/6

nimish_sach added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Swann gone first ball. 141/7 Hauritz on fire! 2 in 2balls.

I ordered the PC version thru ShopTo on Tuesday night. It arrived this morning.

With regard to recorded delivery - I was out this morning but the package had still dropped right through my letter box, it had been pre-stamped as Signed For by ShopTo.

Thanks, that's good to know. :) So they just stamp a 'Pre-signed' on it - good idea.

No its very different. I played a game at colombo it was very quick the outfield and spin was notable.

No, what I meant was are the weather/pitch/outfield conditions always the same at any given stadium? For example, can you get a hard pitch with fast outfield at Lords and a damp pitch with slow outfield (and grey skies) in the West Endies?

Also, is it possible to play Test series in other countries besides England - other Test series around the World?

After 20 overs, this is where I'm at.

Strauss was dropped in the covers off a mistimed drive, watson was the bowler.

It was much easier to hit watson for runs, because of his lower bowler ratings he found the execution meter harder to perfect, meaning on most of his deliveries my timing window was larger. However because he bowls so slow compared to the other aussie bowlers it took some time to get used to his reduced pace, and hence the mistimed drive. Luck going my way so far, bowled off a no ball first delivery and now dropped in the covers. Its gonna be Strauss's day.

Gas, are you batting sensibly by choice, or does the game force you to? If it's the latter, that's good news indeed!

WTF? I was getting carted around at 10 an over in a Test match, yet have bowled 7 deliveries for 1 run in a T20. This game's AI pacing is going well :laugh

Thank god for that. Warner hits a boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread