Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

68% is a very fair assessment. Most of the guys on here I'd guess will feel the same in a week once the novelty's worn off. It's playable, far more so than BLIC, but it's still no masterpiece.

So you'd call it nothing better than mediocre?

Sureshot gave it 68% on PS3. You guys are making it sound a whole lot better than that! 68% is a mediocre score - if I see that in PC Gamer, I don't bother with the game.

FFS I hate it when people judge whether or not they want to buy a game on reviews. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry MB but your constant questioning to everyone about this game is getting a little tedious. Buy the effing game to find out what it's really like and if it's not to your tastes usethe fecking receipt.

So if you want to play a long innings, you sort of have to bat sensibly. That's good.

About the frontfoot/backfoot shot selection, on the Xbox 360 pad, it's LB for front foot shot and LT for back foot shot, I hope that helps.

For some reason its LT for front foot, and right analogue stick down for back foot (impossible to use, need 3 pairs of hands), don't even think its possible for me to select charge. There is no way to config the buttons in game either. :facepalm

For some reason its LT for front foot, and right analogue stick down for back foot (impossible to use, need 3 pairs of hands), don't even think its possible for me to select charge. There is no way to config the buttons in game either. :facepalm

I hope that doesn't happen with the Xbox 360 pad.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

FFS I hate it when people judge whether or not they want to buy a game on reviews. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry MB but your constant questioning to everyone about this game is getting a little tedious. Buy the effing game to find out what it's really like and if it's not to your tastes usethe fecking receipt.

Umm...I'm hardly the only one to ask questions about the game before getting hold of it!

As for using the 'fecking receipt', most shops have developed this annoying habit of not giving refunds for PC games.. Even HMV only do exchanges!

So you'd call it nothing better than mediocre?

Yep. It's very mediocre. Does the job, and will do the job for a while, but I can't see it being a game that I continue going back to for months on end. It's certainly not awful like BLIC 07 though.

Australia have slowed down again in the middle overs. Well, after Rashid's first over went for 18 anyway. Mascheranas seems to be doing the biz on this track, bowled 3 overs 1/15 so far. Warner's completely slowed down, now scored 27 off 26, with Ponting 26 from 23. Going at exactly 7 an over at the half way stage.

Have to say, Adil Rashid's face is impressive on this game. Probably one of the better faces I've seen.

IN PC Demo

Batting KEys not working Help pls guyz

Say me the correct combination!!! :crying

Agreed shouldn?t judge a game until you play it yourself

What I?m confused about is the bowling speed issue has been going on since BLIC 2005. I understand that for AC09 they are new developers but really this problem should have been addressed.

I really hope they do release a patch and hopefully future version of the game will be better and better

Yep. It's very mediocre. Does the job, and will do the job for a while, but I can't see it being a game that I continue going back to for months on end. It's certainly not awful like BLIC 07 though.

Australia have slowed down again in the middle overs. Well, after Rashid's first over went for 18 anyway. Mascheranas seems to be doing the biz on this track, bowled 3 overs 1/15 so far. Warner's completely slowed down, now scored 27 off 26, with Ponting 26 from 23. Going at exactly 7 an over at the half way stage.

Have to say, Adil Rashid's face is impressive on this game. Probably one of the better faces I've seen.

As long as it's a game you'd go back to when you fancy a game of cricket (and don't say go play real cricket, because I'm rubbish), that'll do me.

By the way, what makes it mediocre in your view? Are they things that could be fixed (in the PC version at least?) Or are they things like the 'runout bug'? Would you say you'd regret buying it?

It's a forum and that's what they're for: asking questions, providing answers and debating things.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Agreed shouldn?t judge a game until you play it yourself

What I?m confused about is the bowling speed issue has been going on since BLIC 2005. I understand that for AC09 they are new developers but really this problem should have been addressed.

I really hope they do release a patch and hopefully future version of the game will be better and better

I am not judging the game at all - just trying to find out what would make anyone give it 68%?

Well I don't know why u think its mediocre but I believe its much better than the demo. Demo I was smacking everything here I am chasing 177 from England and already 78/6 in the first innings of the Ashes test

Well I don't know why u think its mediocre but I believe its much better than the demo. Demo I was smacking everything here I am chasing 177 from England and already 78/6 in the first innings of the Ashes test

And I wouldn't even call the demo mediocre. I'm still finding it fun if I limit the overs, otherwise the matches go on too long...

On the demo: it is excellent, but the runout problem is mediocre and could presumably have been avoided in testing.

but hey, there's always the 'save' button! from the great reports you guys have been giving, this game sounds like a screamer with just a few little blemishes...

just ordered it from Shopto as everyone has said good things about them(and it was much cheaper than elsewhere:p). Do you reckon it will arrive tommorow? It says first class recorded delivery dispatched today but not always sure with first class. Can't wait to get hold of it and give it a whirl. Aslong as it's better than BLIC 05 then I'm happy, that game kept me playing for years, and I even bought 2 copies of it in the end. Just need a new cricket game getting a bit bored of playing a moded cricket 07. Quick question how indepth are the player pools? who's in the pool for England?

My impressions: This is the best cricket game I have ever played.

The AI pacing has surprised me alot actually after the awfully slow Watson start. Now 17 overs in, Australia are 139/1. Ponting 69 from 46 and Warner 51 from 47. Sidebottom went at 10's from his 4 overs, Rashid went at 11's and Patel's 1 over went for 16. Broad, Flintoff and Mascheranas have gone at 5, 6.67 and 5 respectively though, so it's actually been a pretty accurate representation of a T20 so far. Enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread