Ricky Ponting International Cricket Official Information (Aussie version of BLIC)

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Genre: Sport
Developer: Swordfish Studios
Publisher: Codemasters
Platform:
Classification: TBC
Players: 1 to 4
Release Date: To be advised

As the ultimate hit and run experience, Ricky Ponting International Cricket will capture all the exciting, athletic, skilful and technical elements of the sport.

In a tense battle between batting and bowling, its your chance to defend the honour of your chosen country in gripping One-Day Internationals, atmospheric Test Matches, fast Double Wicket games, challenging tournaments and even historic clashes – including the Test Match of 1882, which led to the creation of the Ashes!

In addition to the world’s best cricket players and stadia from around the world, Ricky Ponting International Cricket also includes a classic squad featuring some of the greatest names from cricket history.

If you want to get your skills up to international standards, there are Practice Nets to get in shape and then, when you're ready to play alongside the world's best, the full team and player editing lets you pick the squad.

Get out on the pitch and experience the fluid, dynamic gameplay mechanics that make batting, bowling and fielding equally enthralling to play. You'll be bowling bouncers and hitting sixes in no time if you can take the deliveries from the professionals.

If you're feeling really competitive, there's multiplayer action for up to four players, with 2 players per team. Players can join the team at any time during a match, providing perfect drop in or drop out play - perfect if you’re engaged in a 5-day Test!

Visually reflecting the contemporary style of televised cricket, the game will also offer intelligent commentary from some of the biggest and recognisable names in cricket, including Tony Greig, Bill Lawry and more!

Ricky Ponting International Cricket will deliver all the atmosphere and excitement of major international cricket, in One Day, Tests and Tournaments, and have the perfect balance of gripping gameplay whether batting, bowling or fielding.

Australian team captain Ricky Ponting commented, "Codemasters has done a great job in capturing the essence of cricket previously and Ricky Ponting International Cricket will bring the strategy and excitement of cricket to a new audience."

For Screenshots Visit : Screenshots

Just to keep u interested before the press release

Last edited:
dont u think they should have named it after adam gilchrist.he is a real people's champion in oz team .only warne and lee compare with him .

Screenshots look realistic.Hope they carry it in the game...

and the aussie kit looks like the kit used in the 80s.

I wish there was Sachin Tendulkar's International Cricket for India release,since India has a hure cricket crazy population and Sachin deserves a game in his name.

I think it's just a generic aussie kit that was made for the game....

Anyway should of been named after Warney again! Punter's good, but Warney's a legend

It's just Brian Lara International Cricket renamed to Ricky Ponting International Cricket with the Brian Lara graphics and stuff changed to suit it so it looks like Ricky Ponting's game. Exactly the same as what they did with Shane Warne Cricket '99 (Brian Lara Cricket '99) and V8 Race Driver (TOCA Race Driver, DTM Race Driver)

This is now getting worrying... All the BLIC and RPIC screens I've seen haven't had official kits, but if they carry the Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting names I thought they would have team licenses as well.

RubberGenius said "We've got licenses" but thats all. What licenses??!!

TBH I'd rather they didn't make the kits yet. They'll probably have changed by release date. Anyhow as long as we can edit them (which is a must) it doesn't make any difference anyway.

that's right, what we must have is good gameplay..other items (kits etc) I'm sure the talented modders here will take care of. :)

Editing

Yeah, it's OK if you can edit it, but what about people who will buy Brian Lara International Cricket or Ricky Ponting International Cricket for Playstation 2 or Xbox? I'll be buying it on PS2. It's what I did with EA Cricket 2004. I bought the PS2 version on release (a year ago!) and last month bought it for PC. I might do the same with BLIC or RPIC.

Skateboarder2 said:
Yeah, it's OK if you can edit it, but what about people who will buy Brian Lara International Cricket or Ricky Ponting International Cricket for Playstation 2 or Xbox? I'll be buying it on PS2. It's what I did with EA Cricket 2004. I bought the PS2 version on release (a year ago!) and last month bought it for PC. I might do the same with BLIC or RPIC.
Why? You get crap graphics and you can't edit anything

Actually, PS2 graphics and Xbox graphics are really good, and I'm not used to computer controls. I can play a PS2 blindfolded. It adds to the TV realism if it is actually on the TV!

PC graphics are obviously better if you have a high spec card. As for controls just use a gamepad. I've played C2k4 on both and it's much better on PC.

Blow Up!

There's been some problems with gamepads. Anyway, the computer I'm at at the moment is new (December 14, 2004) and because we already had Broadband Internet we didn't need the modem, so we had an upgraded graphics card instead. If the graphics were any better I think the monitor would blow up... :D

If you're used to a pS2 gamepad, get an adaptor so you can use your ps2 gamepad on your PC.

On a high-end PC with a decent graphics card, games are always better.

Users who are viewing this thread