Rugby Union

There's a good chance there will be no NZ teams in the semis, The Highlanders really done the Crusaders and Hurricanes a big favour but the Stormers match was very important for the Cantabs. I think the Cruaders have to at least win there last 2 matches to make the semis

If they beat the Bulls at Loftus then they deserve to make the finals. They will win the Brumbies game no problem. Waratahs are in a bit of trouble now, the Chiefs are bound to fire up at home next week you would think.

Thanks bro, I was just about to watch the replay :facepalm

:laugh

Haha, my own fault.
Good round of Super 14. Especially that Chiefs Hurricanes match, that was possibly the best match I've seen this season. Full of running rugby and all out attack. Tim Nanai Williams has really impressed this season and I reckon could even be a surprise pick for the all blacks at the end of year (probably not, but he's awesome to watch) Also Ma'a was great on attack with 11 Line breaks, 220 odd running metres and 2 tries.

This super 14 has been one of the better ones in the last couple of years, and the last 2 rounds are going to be bloody exciting.

Hehe didn't see the Crusaders game but sounds like they could have been robbed of a playoff spot. If the Tahs win that will push the Crusaders outside of the 4, if they lose then the Crusaders should make it since they have the Brumbies at home. I hope the Brumbies keep their form going but we have played the Crusaders in Christchurch a few times and failed miserably.

Anyone see the Hurricanes match?
Boy they look good, I really do think they have a great chance of making the semis, and on current form I would back them to make the final.
There outside backs are outstanding with Jane, Gear and Ellison (all All Blacks) and David Smith coming off the bench. And they basically have the All Black back-line with Ma'a and Conrad Smith.

Loving the Canes right now!

In the last round of the season there will be more or less two quarter finals, with the Crusaders vs Brumbies and Waratahs vs Hurricanes.
I reckon the winner of those two games will join the Bulls and Stormers in the top four.
TBH I can't see anyone stopping the Bulls in Pretoria.

Like Callum said, I don't think anyone stands a chance of beating the Bulls in a home semi, and then final.

My Brumbies going well into finals. Giteau and Elsom were mint last night, caning the Highlanders. What I really want is for us to come second and the 'canes not to make, so this is what I want for next week. Us to beat the Crusaders with a bonus point and the 'tahs to beat the Hurricanes without a bonus point.

Bloody hell, there are some good games next week. A top of the table clash in the final round, 3 v 5 and 4 v 6.

There could be a chance as the Bulls won't play at Loftus in the Semis and final providing they get that far. They'll play at Orlando Stadium in Soweto :D

Oi, by my calculations the Reds can steal a spot!

Actually they'd have to win by like 50 and the stormers lose by 50..... I think.

Hopefully the Bulls win, then the Crusaders will only have to travel to NSW.
If Stormers win it'll be SA 1 and 2, and a high change of an all SA final.
At least if Stormers lose then one NZ team still has a 50:50 change of going to the final.

CBF going to the game at Eden Park tonight, as we're already well out of contention.

Well watching the round highlights now and the Highlanders Reds game was pretty good although the loss. Vainakolo was brilliant and Dagg was great as usual. Crusaders back line is looking good and the forwards stepped up this week also. They probably have the 2 quickest kiwis also with Maitland and Guildford so hopefully they can make yet another final.

Users who are viewing this thread