Rugby Union

The Highlanders played great to come back from 21 down at the break, and to take the lead twice in the second half. Normally they would of just folded in and given up 10 - 20 more points.

I'm still picking an all SA final, don't see the Crusaders or NSW knocking over either South African outfit.

I'm still picking an all SA final, don't see the Crusaders or NSW knocking over either South African outfit.
Yeah, definately odds on SA final, but we shall hope for the crusaders!

What an upset, Stormers v Bulls. Pissed that now the tahs have to travel to SA.

As expected its an all SA final once again. Crusaders actually looked better in attack than the Bulls but they couldn't hold on to the ball. The Bulls up and under tactic worked brilliantly and once they got ahead they never looked like giving up the lead.

Not much to say about the Waratahs, very average display, once again attack was a massive problem. Stormers weren't that attacking but did enough to get to the final.

First AB's test of the year coming up in a few hours time.
The Irish have never beaten us (in 105 years of playing each other), so lets hope that statistic doesn't change.
I hope it's a close game, as we need a few good matches before the tri-nations like last year with the French.
Weather in the Naki is meant to be really mud, so it will probably be a pretty scrappy game.

What a start to the season, 38 - 7 at half time!!!
Lol at that Irish joker getting a red card in the 15th minute.
Pretty much everyone has preformed.
Carters been at his best after an average super 14, all of the new boys such as Dagg have been impressive as well.
Hopefully we can bring up the half century in the second half.

We should've played much better than that in the second half, I thought Ireland played very well for having only 14 men on.

Not bad by the Irish to score 4 tries with only 14 men. ABs great defence record from last season got smashed to pieces tonight.

TBH that was one of the best matches I've watched in ages.
Very little territory play, good ball retention, and when a team got the ball the were always looking to score.
I thought the ref was good, I think it was Barnes, the game was allowed to flow, and it wasn't until late in the game that a few penalties started to come.
If Ireland had scored two more points, both us and them would of had are highest scores against each other. :laugh
Poor defensive effort by us, but thoroughly enjoyed the game.

ABs great defence record from last season got smashed to pieces tonight.
This is a big negative after going so many games last year without a try conceded, and conceding 28 or whatever points against 14 men. New combinations in the backs and forwards wouldn't have helped that, so all in all I think we done pretty good. Awesome for Whitelock to get a double, he's awesome! :D

We almost beat the record for the most minutes without a try scored against us. I think we lost out by like 10 mins or something.

We almost beat the record for the most minutes without a try scored against us. I think we lost out by like 10 mins or something.

Yep something like that. Wasn't it only 160 minutes? Thought it would be a bit more with the minnows around not to mention some of the defence efforts of some teams.

Wallabies looked good when they held onto the ball but looked dreadful when they didn't. Scrum was smashed to pieces, its a shame our best two props are out.

SA look to be a step above both the Tri Nations teams atm. Agree on Whitelock, looks to be a real promising lock.

I think the record was something like 480? minutes. It was a good effort by the debutants though. Especially Israel Dagg I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread