Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No chance at all mate. You can have my administrative role here if that happens :p

vetts

Club Cricketer
I didn't say they were going to win. I'm just supporting them.

jonah

International Coach
Outside chance of beating the Aussies on Friday?

vetts

Club Cricketer
Of course they are. They're like the French in the regard that on their day they are capable of upsetting any team.

Ste

Executive member
Theres about 5mins to kickoff now in the opening match between Australia and Argentina so this poll will close at kickoff time. However feel free to post your match predictions/views on this topic!
Todays match will be a victory for the Aussies but I think it could be tight with Argentina quite a good side having had some notible victories recently.

vetts

Club Cricketer
Both teams played scrappy, the argie lineout was shocking, and too many errors by both.

jonah

International Coach
Not much been posted on this recently...guess all you England bashers are still waiting and hoping for us to fail;) .
So the final on Saturday is between two teams who, to be fair, haven't really hit their full form yet. Australia seem to be improving (great performance v the All Blacks), while England too had their best game in the semi. In awful conditions, they played to their strengths, and let Wilko do the rest. I can't remember the French getting into England's half throughout the second half.
People have slagged England for their 'non-attractive, boring style', but if you've got someone like Wilkinson in your team who's kicking, both from the dead ball and drop goals, is so reliable, then why not let him do his stuff as often as possible? Once the points are on the board, then play your flair rugby, which conditions in the semi didn't allow.
The final will surely be a close run thing, both teams not wanting to give an inch. I'd be surprised to see open, flowing rugby, with the forwards on both sides proving crucial to the outcome of the match. England's line outs have to improve though.
One surprise to me was the ommission of Mike Catt. It's been well publicised that he takes a lot of the pressure off Wilkinson, so he may well come on if things aren't going well for England, like he did against Wales.
Looking forward to it though!:)
Any views?

Rangeela

International Coach
I am not much of a Rugby fan but would like to see England win

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This World Cup echo's the 91 Tournament for me - England played "boring" rugby all the way through that World Cup only to change their style for the final and played an attacking expansive game which resulted in them losing to the Aussies

Don't think they will make the same mistake this time - I also think this will be a forward battle and who ever wins that battle should win the match. Let's hope it's England eh ? ;) :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread