Rugby Union

I'm guessing all the cards is to stop people infringing before the WC which is a year away.

The ITM cup's going to be all on this season, with only seven teams staying up in the top division.

How is the promotion/relegation going to work next season???
Is it going to be one team up and team down automatically, or will there be a play-off, also will there be promotion/relegation between the worst team in division two and the heartland winner???

Not going to watch the All Blacks game, not in rugby mood at all. I'll watch some NRL then catch the replay :p

I watched the Auckland game and the shield game, so pretty much after I've watched the AB's game I would have watched six hours of union today.
It's been raining all day here, so I haven't been able to get outside...

Weather's been terrible, I was going to go out to a friends for some drinks tonight, but because it's raining I can't be bothered. She lives around the corner and I normally walk but it's like meh, it's raining and there's rugby on

Not our best game, but still a deserved win last night for us

Counties are playing well this season though. Otago last weekend, Wellington this week

We finally got a game without a card and it was more of the Test rugby we usually get. Too bad the other 4 games have been tainted by that already. In saying that, Woodcock was very lucky not to be in the bin. Anyway NZ deserved the win, our attack has nothing still, only positive is we have a number of players to come into our side.

The opening of the match was incredibly flowing and great to watch. And I agree that Woodcock was extremely lucky there, the referees probably realise they've been giving out too many cards so they've tried to restrain themselves in this game.

Was probably cause NZ managed to get some decent ball, they looked great with ball in hand. We had most of the ball in the 2nd half and failed to do anything.

Anyone here following the ITM cup?

Just watched the high flying Counties get wasted by Waikato.
Big match tonight, Auckland vs Canterbury.

Wellington/Northland game is turning out to be a cracker so far.
Love it when the non-super 14/15 franchise bases lead/beat the super 14/15 franchise bases.

Love it when the non-super 14/15 franchise bases lead/beat the super 14/15 franchise bases.
But it's no good for NZ rugby when you have a super 15 "Feeder Team" at the bottom of the table. I can't see Otago being demoted to 2nd Division either because it wouldn't make sense having The Highlanders down here then.

Anyway whats the score in the Wellington Northland game? Rene Ranger playing well?

-D-S-B- added 5 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Wellington score through that beast of a winger.

Back to back tries now, game on! Should've been watching this earlier!

Holy ████, just saw one of the tries of the season.
Northland went 75 metres down to the Wellington try line, and then Wellington came back the length of the field. You got to see it.
Now 25-24 Northland, 20 to play.

Otago are just plain and simply ████, I don't really care if they go down to division two.
(No offense :p)
While they struggle, plenty of other random teams are doing great, which I think is great.

CG123 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

I normally only watch the first 20 minutes of most games, and determine if it's going to be a good game and I decide if I want to continue to watch it, and this ones been great, between two teams I couldn't care less who won.

Otago are just plain and simply ████, I don't really care if they go down to division two.
(No offense )
No offence taken and I agree. We have a good bunch of players but no results. Maybe it's the coaching, they seem to come and go every couple of years. At the end of the day something is seriously wrong with the set-up down here.

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I find it quite funny that Millions of dollars are being spent on that new stadium down here. Everyone is saying that it's too small (only around 30,000), but the way things are going, I think it's 30,000 seats too big! :p

Maybe move the Highlanders base to Southland, for next season?
Or at least split the home games 50/50 between the two unions.

Users who are viewing this thread