Rugby Union

Splitting the home games makes a lot of sense, ATM Invercargill only gets a couple of games per season. It's clear that 10,000 more people will turn up down there with the way their rugby is going right now. It would also make the Dunedin supporters turn up in numbers as we would realise how lucky we are to have a Super 15 team.
After all about half of the players are from Southland and half from Otago. Right now they deserve it more.

Yeah, don't remind me.

-D-S-B- added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Good times to be a Southlander I suppose

Doesn't change the fact they live in a hole :p

nothing wrong with Dunedin :) (or any town slightly out of Dunedin where my relatives live :p)

I've never been to the South Island, so I wouldn't know.
Amazingly I've been to Europe, the Pacific Islands, and Australia, but never to that hole the South Island.

nothing wrong with Dunedin (or any town slightly out of Dunedin where my relatives live )
Please don't say you're talking about Milton.

Amazingly I've been to Europe, the Pacific Islands, and Australia, but never to that hole the South Island.

You're missing out then. JAFA :spy
I've been to many places in the North Island. Nothing compares with the South Island. The worst place in New Zealand that I've been to would have to be Wellington. The best place would be Queenstown or Wanaka (Central Otago to be less Specific)

You're missing out then. JAFA :spy
I've been to many places in the North Island. Nothing compares with the South Island. The worst place in New Zealand that I've been to would have to be Wellington. The best place would be Queenstown or Wanaka (Central Otago to be less Specific)

The South Island is a great place, but too cold for my liking in winter. The snow is cool though.

Please don't say you're talking about Milton.

Nah Mosgiel

lol yea I suppose, it's like 20-30 minutes drive from the city centre. That's like the distance from Albany to Auckland central

I go there every few years to visit :)

Auckland's not doing too well last time I checked :( (getting this back on topic :p)

I think I'm jumping on the Counties Manukau bandwagon.
You just gotta love watching them play, everytime they got in Northland's 22 yesterday, they seemed to score.
I just hope they stay up at the end of the season in the top seven, as they have so much talent, and it would be a shame to see them back where they have been for most of my life.

Southland, Canterbury, Auckland, Taranaki, Wellington and Waikato you feel will all stay up, so that just leaves one space for either Bay of Plenty, Counties or an outside possibility of Northland.
TBH I actually want Waikato to go down, and would want to see Hawke's Bay and Counties come up, and join STHD, CANT, AUCK, TARA and WELL.
Hawke's Bay seem along way off however, but stranger things have happened.

Have Otago played yet? Did they win?

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Well now that I realise it's Monday not Sunday I feel like a dick :o

Woah, big massive result tonight.
BOP beating Wellington.

All of a sudden if Counties and Waikato both win (both versing lower placed teams), Wellington will find themselves outside the top seven.

It would be a disaster for the NZRU, if one of the big four (ACK, WAI, WEL, CAN) don't make the top seven.

A dream result would be if Northland beat Waikato with a bonus point, and Waikato don't pick up any points, and Counties smash Harbour, then Wellington would drop to seventh, and Waikato to ninth, and Counties would move up to sixth.

It's getting very intense, with only three rounds remaining after this weekend.

If Southland and Canterbury win today, they'll both pretty much confirm themselves inside the top seven.

On the other hand Northland and Harbour pretty much have to win, if they're going to have nay chance of getting into the top seven.

Auckland and BOP are both looking pretty safe.

Users who are viewing this thread