Rugby Union

Highlanders the form NZ team, Tahs probably the form team in the competition while SA have 3 teams looking good. Can't wait for next week, SBW should be making his debut and Tahs v Crusaders should be a ripper.

Lol at the Cheetahs beating the Waratahs in Sydney, the Reds should take out the Australian conference with ease after that result.

The big teams are starting to take control of the New Zealand (Crusaders and Blues) and South African (Stormers, Sharks and Bulls) conferences respectively.

As I thought the New Zealand conference is probably going to be the toughest, with only seven points separating the five teams, compared with 11 and 13 for Australia and South Africa. It's pretty gutting really, as the three big South African teams all have four matches they should win easily, so I wouldn't be surprised if all three of them end up in the top six, therefore meaning only one or two New Zealand teams are likely to end up there.

What a difference a few weeks makes. After 2 rounds the Tahs were absolutely killing it. Now they can't even beat the Cheetahs. The Crusaders look to be the pick of the NZ teams. Stormers look in awesome touch, this might well be their year to shine.

Mixed finish to the 6N. I was at Murrayfield to see Scotland finally score a try at home (it's been 18 months) and then off to the pub to see England be ritually slaughtered by Ireland.

Footy! Very unfortunate for Colin Slade, he was looking classy in his first game back, hope he's good for next week. The less time he's on the pitch the worse it is for the AB's too as he's got the goods to be Carter's back up.

Some of our lesser players and guys you wouldn't expect have really stepped up consistently this season, guys like Treeby, Poki, Manu.

It's pretty funny (at least I found it pretty funny) how more people turn up to Rugby Park for Southland in the NPC, than they do for the Highlanders in Super Rugby.

It's also quite funny the amount of New Zealand NPC rejects who couldn't make our teams, playing for the Australian teams.

Our star number 8 in Palu was struggling to get gametime with the Dragons, depth in Aussie rugby ain't great but they do seem to bring the best out of them.

Crusaders are looking awesome this season, scoring bonus points at will. Reds have really clicked into gear and are showing they can win the defense orientated games. Waratahs might have got back on track against the Force, hard to say with them until this week against the Blues.

Yeah, the Crusaders are looking very strong on both attack and defense, and their performance last night was without both Carter and McCaw.

I don't mind seeing the Reds going well, as they'd be my sixth team, behind the five New Zealand teams.

Blues have been pretty solid lately, we still need to find some more consistency, as at this stage we should make the final six, and there's no reason why we can't go final four after that with our squad strength.

I'm still waiting for the Highlanders to stuff up, but they continue to impress, and the Hurricanes continue to be absolute garbage, at least not as bad as the two South African cat teams.

Another broken jaw for Colin Slade, just as he was getting his confidence back and playing some really good rugby it happens again. Oh no, it also means the highlanders will be kicking goals at about 50% for the rest of the season, bring back Tony Bown, again!

Robinson was a decent goal kicker for Southland in the NPC, so it's strange why he was kicking so badly last night.

The Crusaders are just looking so good though, it's hard to see it going any other way other than them winning that whole thing.

If the Blues win tonight there will be three New Zealand teams in the six playoff spots. :D

Reds look like the sole representative for the Aussie team now. Although the Tahs potentially have 3 easy games against the Aussie teams left and have played the Blues and Crusaders.

I guess you could say the blues done an early season Highlanders to us, didn't exactly play better on attack but defended like mad and scrapped it out. Was a good game but silly penalties and yellow cards were the difference along with a good closing 10 or so minutes from the blues.

I didn't expect the Highlanders to look better than the Blues on attack though, just as I didn't expect the Blues defence to be that staunch for the full 80. The game was the exact opposite of the usual and expected really.

Hopefully the 'canes can can do the other New Zealand teams a favor tonight, and beat the Reds. They're just so badly due a good performance, while the Reds are due a bad performance.

And lol at the Cheetahs moving up the table into 12th place. :lol

Hopefully the 'canes can can do the other New Zealand teams a favor tonight, and beat the Reds. They're just so badly due a good performance, while the Reds are due a bad performance.

Dam you! Only caught the first half but the Reds looked way below par, putting Chambers in the starting side was costly.

Users who are viewing this thread