Rugby Union

I think the Crusaders missed Dagg quite a lot, Marshall just doesn't bring that x-factor that the likes of Carter, Cooper, Genia, SBW, etc. bring to the table. Dagg's done what they needed tonight multiple times at the international level, in his few opportunities.

The likes of McCaw made multiple uncharacteristic mistakes, bar that one piece of magic Carter didn't look to be at his best either. Genia was the game breaker in end, with one try and one set-up.

----------

Btw for anyone who didn't know the ITM Cup's on every night of the week except Monday. :D

I just hope Flynn isn't throwing for us at the World Cup, five against the throw, some at crucial times, he had a shocker.
He's definitely thrown himself out of world cup contention I would think. Brad Thron going himself with 3 unmarked players outside him though...:facepalm

Go the Reds! Great game, so tight but Will Genia, what a legend :D

----------

Btw for anyone who didn't know the ITM Cup's on every night of the week except Monday.

When does it start, I might watch it a bit more this year :p

Thursday this week (14th July).

This explains the format etc. pretty well, if you're interested.

All Blacks Squad was just announced I think.

----------

All Blacks 30-man squad announced - Rugby - NZ Herald News

Forwards:

John Afoa Auckland (30)
Corey Flynn Canterbury (12)
Ben Franks Tasman (7)
Owen Franks Canterbury (22)
Jarrad Hoeata Taranaki *
Andrew Hore Taranaki (50)
Jerome Kaino Auckland (37)
Richie McCaw (capt) Canterbury (94)
Keven Mealamu Auckland (83)
Liam Messam Waikato (6)
Kieran Read Canterbury (30)
Adam Thomson Otago (17)
Brad Thorn Canterbury (50)
Samuel Whitelock Canterbury (13)
Ali Williams Auckland (61)
Tony Woodcock North Harbour (74)

Backs:

Daniel Carter Canterbury (79)
Jimmy Cowan Southland (44)
Israel Dagg Hawke's Bay (6)
Andy Ellis Canterbury (18)
Hosea Gear Wellington (6)
Zac Guildford Hawke's Bay (4)
Richard Kahui Waikato (11)
Mils Muliaina Waikato (94)
Ma'a Nonu Wellington (56)
Colin Slade Canterbury (1)
Conrad Smith Wellington (45)
Isaia Toeava Auckland (30)
Piri Weepu Wellington (44)
Sonny Bill Williams Canterbury (4)

Wyatt Crockett should have been in over Ben Franks, just see who was starting for the Crusaders to show all you need to know. Flynn shouldn't have been in there but lucky for him the final wasn't considered, Elliot would have been better.

40 man squad for the Wallabies - http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...-for-tri-nations/story-e6frf55l-1226091594609

Hanson the big surprise but highly unlikely he'll be in the final squad. Gerrard is a good pick for experience and his booming boot. Vickerman a bit iffy but if he gets back to his best he'll be an asset.

Yeah, it was predictable. Hoeata's the only kind of random, but he looked decent at super rugby level.

I'm still not sure on Slade, he's got very little super rugby/international rugby under his belt, I would of gone with Cruden myself.

Jane's very unlucky to miss out as well, I though he would have been a certainty, although he wasn't at his best this super rugby season.

Flynn shouldn't have been in there but lucky for him the final wasn't considered, Elliot would have been better.

I would have taken Elliot over Flynn as well, Flynn was just so bad last night. He did have an alright season though, so I don't think there's much between them.

Australia: Mark Gerrard, James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane, Matt Giteau, Nick Phipps, Ben McCalman, Matt Hodgson, Rocky Elsom (capt), Nathan Sharpe, Sitaleki Timani, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu. Reserves: James Hanson, TBA, Dan Vickerman, Scott Higginbotham, Beau Robinson, Will Genia, Kurtley Beale

Read more: Four new faces in Wallabies team to play Samoa

3 utilities being tried in the starting lineup, probably only 2 would make the WC squad and 1 on the bench if Deans goes with the 5/2 split. Not a fan of JOC on the wing especially with Davies and Morahan lurking.

Geez, 23-32 Samoa's way. We're going to need to gee up a hella lot for the Springboks clash.

Lol, losing to Samoa! :lol

The Auckland - Canterbury clash this afternoon was a good match, like Canterbury always seem to do though they struck multiple times just before and after halftime. It's going to be a double loss for me as well, because it looks like my second team Counties Manukau are going to go down to BoP.

The Australia - South Africa matches better be on normal Sky Sport, because I don't have the rugby channel either.

They'd probably use this win in one of their promotional ads.

@ aussie1st: It was broadcassted on Channel 9.

He lives on the better side of the Tasman, at least I think he does. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread