Save Game Options: I can't be the only one that wants this feature..

Save Game options in DBC should include:

• Total voters

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I thought this wasn't even doubted?
His other posts were more like "I have a Steam ID but I'm not telling you".

I also consider his last post incitement to pirate on the grounds of "everyone is doing it"
Or more that "It's okay to deprive companies of the money they would need to fix bugs by stealing a game because it is buggy".

Sick of it. He's not contributing anything and even the bugs he complains of are on a secret list. As our terms of service page notes, "We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time."

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately my understanding of the forum rules is having a pirate copy is not of itself a bannable offence, only sharing or requesting a torrent link.

I've infracted a fair few people for piracy: generally for people who post like "lol no i'm not buying it" since that's just being shameless about it. I believe the reason that we don't permaban everyone is because if we did we'd have to deal with a flood of alt accounts that those who were banned would set up, and it'd waste our time without really much gain since they can't see the downloads forum anyway. Hell, there are people who set up alt accounts to try and get past short bans: it'd be worse if it was a perma ban. There are those who go way, way too far: someone thought for some reason that I was pro-piracy when I deleted one of their posts and asked them not to use phrases like "thieving third world twat" so decided to start calling me a paedo, which isn't very nice...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've infracted a fair few people for piracy: generally for people who post like "lol no i'm not buying it" since that's just being shameless about it. I believe the reason that we don't permaban everyone is because if we did we'd have to deal with a flood of alt accounts that those who were banned would set up, and it'd waste our time without really much gain since they can't see the downloads forum anyway. Hell, there are people who set up alt accounts to try and get past short bans: it'd be worse if it was a perma ban. There are those who go way, way too far: someone thought for some reason that I was pro-piracy when I deleted one of their posts and asked them not to use phrases like "thieving third world twat" so decided to start calling me a paedo, which isn't very nice...

yeah, it's not technically paedophilia when it's puppies you're obsessed with...

it's an odd thing. as @MattW pointed out earlier, piracy is killing PC versions and no PC versions = no mods = no site. now i don't expect these pirates to have the decency or clarity of thought to understand that and not pirate, but you would think they'd at least not make it quite so blatant.

-------

@Madman - not sure i'd link to that group. obviously you're not linking to a torrent but you're still giving them the oxygen of publicity.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
yeah, it's not technically paedophilia when it's puppies you're obsessed with...

it's an odd thing. as @MattW pointed out earlier, piracy is killing PC versions and no PC versions = no mods = no site. now i don't expect these pirates to have the decency or clarity of thought to understand that and not pirate, but you would think they'd at least not make it quite so blatant.
Or to put it another way - Piracy costs the sales that would have covered including save and continue and autosaves. fearsome tweak those pirates.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
gJWY4Ot.png

perhaps we should be a little quieter, he's still listening...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Generally you get some fuzziness from images: especially smaller ones like the Steam/PS3 icons. It doesn't look bad: its just that they weren't designed for a thirteen-inch screen with a resolution of 2560x1600... An exception to this is the twitter/facebook share icons that I've only just noticed at the bottom of the page below the quick reply. Other than that: the text and all of the buttons look sharp and the page seems to work as you'd expect... I could try to share a few screenshots with you if you wanted: but they'd be really, really large and you'd probably have to size them down to get a representative sample...

Ch0rus

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Darn it l, just got out on my debut... Sucks!!!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Or to put it another way - Piracy costs the sales that would have covered including save and continue and autosaves. fearsome tweak those pirates.

I just put this in the "Piracy" thread in general chat, but in case no-one goes there it seems pretty relevant to this argument... It's naive in places (in fact, in general, creative industries are actually booming!) but makes some interesting points.
New Statesman | “Fifteen years of utter bollocks”: how a generation’s freeloading has starved creativity

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I play music for a living. Unsurprisingly I'm not keen on people whose worldview is that the entire entertainment industry should work for free.

Some of these idiots will literally get on their soapboxes to tell everyone IP creators are infringing on some kind of internet-based human right to free stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread