Screenshots - Includes 40 new images (page14)

One thing about that screenshot posted on the first page where the Aussie batsmen have run past that ugly England wicket-keeper........

Look how the batsmen are stood. It's exactly the same as in Cricket 2004. Stood there with their bats just sort of hanging out of their hands.

I bet the whole game is the same as 04. Really slow, really crap, etc.

I am right though aren't I? It's a long time since I played Cricket 2004, but the batsmen are stood the same aren't they?

OK it's only a minor point, but it's valid in my opinion.....

Perhaps shows the shape of things to come...

the sightscreens ae not in use for that over meaning they might change when you see the other one wich the batsman is facing

yu guys cant be pleased

no_remorse28 said:
the sightscreens ae not in use for that over meaning they might change when you see the other one wich the batsman is facing

yu guys cant be pleased

Are you talking about my post? If you are then I wasn't talking about that.

If you are not talking about my post, you should notice in the first screenshot, the camera is looking from the batsman's viewpoint, and the sightscreen is white. Which is wrong. Though a red ball is bein used, which is wrong, but makes the sightscreen right, if you get what I mean.

actually the crowds look more like fifa and rugby crowds so they have changed it.

Heh, I love how everyone is arguing about games that haven't been released and no-one has played yet. True, EA has produced some less-than-awesome games in the past, but I've enjoyed them a lot more than BLC. But regardless of that, I'm not considering buying either game until much closer to their respective release dates.

It's nice of Codemasters to have a dialog with their end-users about what the users want in a game - but it's also just good business practise. They haven't made a cricket game (as far as I'm aware, my apologies if I'm wrong) in 7 years, whereas EA has been getting constant feedback from its string of games. So, using their different methods, both companies should have a fair idea of what their users want. What remains is to deliver it.

As for the complaints of the EA screenshots having the wrong faces, wrong colours, etc - perhaps this was just an attempt to check that everything was working. It could have been that it was a Test match in coloured clothing, rather than an ODI. It could also be that, 4 months away from release, not all of the player's faces have been modelled so they have to test it with only a few. Who knows?

But as far as pre-judging goes, the gameplay of either game is just speculation at this point. Too much anticipation of anything will build up your expectations so that the final product doesn't have a hope of meeting those expectations. So just wait until they're released before getting your knickers in a twist.

Here are the screens from the HBS site:

Attachments

• imgCricket1.jpg
    imgCricket1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 129
  • imgCricket2.jpg
    imgCricket2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 125
  • imgCricket3.jpg
    imgCricket3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 123
  • imgCricket4.jpg
    imgCricket4.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 126
  • imgCricket5.jpg
    imgCricket5.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 123
  • imgCricket6.jpg
    imgCricket6.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 122
yer but ppl da ball for starters, that bowling action looks complete crap, he's all hunched and his arm is not out at 45 degrees, his front leg is bent unrealisticly for even a decent club cricketer, i mean please. the test cricketers in the teams don't really matter since you can guess that you will be able to select your own team, also the bat seems very very very small in comparison to the batsman. also the field they hav set can be chnaged i assume as well so that is no big deal. but it is abit worrying dat it seems like this game is being made by a load of people who dont kno the first fukin thing about crikit

all EA is gonna do is update the graphics enging put back the same commentary
but i dont mind that i prefer the good graphics over bad gameplay

Does gameplay matter when it comes to EA Cricket? NOw matter how good or bad it is, we, here, will definitely be tweaking it. So it doesn't matter to me anymore. All I'll care about now is if the graphics are any good or not.

Users who are viewing this thread