Screenshots - Includes 40 new images (page14)

Anil Dharani said:
Does gameplay matter when it comes to EA Cricket? NOw matter how good or bad it is, we, here, will definitely be tweaking it. So it doesn't matter to me anymore. All I'll care about now is if the graphics are any good or not.

Do you work for EA by any chance?

I find your post most dis-heartening :(

Anil Dharani said:
Does gameplay matter when it comes to EA Cricket? NOw matter how good or bad it is, we, here, will definitely be tweaking it. So it doesn't matter to me anymore. All I'll care about now is if the graphics are any good or not.

You completely miss the point. EA should NOT release games like Cricket 2004 that are quite obviously a shambles. It is not down to people (who give up their spare time!) to edit a game because the developer can't be arsed to do it properly. THAT is the point.

Yes, there will be people who will edit the game, whether its good or bad, but it shouldn't be edited because it's so bad to begin with (bugs etc.).

I think that the screenshots are looking good at the moment, but there are still a few things that have to be done to make them even better. Cricket 2005 is still a little known game, and that could be the worrying thing for EA Sports in the long run.

timbo28 said:
yer but ppl da ball for starters, that bowling action looks complete crap, he's all hunched and his arm is not out at 45 degrees, his front leg is bent unrealisticly for even a decent club cricketer, i mean please.
Which screen shot are you talking about? If you are talking about the spinner I think its fine because it's a slow-left arm orthodox bowler and that sort of action is very possible. Just look at Sunil Joshi.

Have to say, I think you guys are being really unfair. Why not just wait and see what EA produce before slagging the game off. Just because Cricket 04 wasn't the best doesn't mean EA can't produce something good. The screen shots so far are looking really good I think.

BLC Online said:
imgCricket5.jpg

The tv graphics featured in that screenshot are the same ones used in Rugby 2005:

15.jpg

(from http://rugbydownloads.bizhat.com/)

Ste

Ste said:
The tv graphics featured in that screenshot are the same ones used in Rugby 2005

Ste
And NBA Live 2005, which really makes me hopeful for a great game since NBA Live 2005 is the most realistic sports game I've ever come across.

i think all ea sports games will have this type of tv overlay. And lazy_chestnut nice site you got there with the updated kits and rosters.
Also has anyone checked out the flash at the top of the hb-studois home page? It looks quite good and the faces seem rather realistic and i think that they have improved the design of the caps in game.

Last edited:
timbo28 said:
yer but ppl da ball for starters, that bowling action looks complete crap, he's all hunched and his arm is not out at 45 degrees, his front leg is bent unrealisticly for even a decent club cricketer, i mean please. the test cricketers in the teams don't really matter since you can guess that you will be able to select your own team, also the bat seems very very very small in comparison to the batsman. also the field they hav set can be chnaged i assume as well so that is no big deal. but it is abit worrying dat it seems like this game is being made by a load of people who dont kno the first fukin thing about crikit

the fast bowlers action to me looks like andre nel ,open chested better hope the gameplay is better

Well, what I was trying to say is that after playing the FIFA and cricket series of EA. I dont find gameplay THAT good. You guys here do a great job and do guys like us a bif favour by investing your time and working where EA left off. I certainly agree that its their job to do it and not ours. But somewhat, I believe that the gameplay wont be much different than that of C2004. That is why I said Im not concerned about gameplay anymore. What I want is good graphics from EA and I know that they are very good at producing it in the GFX department. Sorry guys if my comments hurt you. Please forgive me.

EDIT: I know the gameplay would be better then that of C2004 but still dont feel it will be THAT good. But still no one can tell how good or how bad unless he actually tries it out. But from the past experiences, I think I can judge some part of EA.

Last edited:
Cool Graphics., what will b the system requirements

1 more thing the England kepper looks like Wayne Rooney

Last edited:
Looking more closely at the screenshot you will find out that this is a screenshot of the Xbox version. At the bottom where it tells you what the buttons are.

Users who are viewing this thread