Screenshots - Includes 40 new images (page14)

Holy !!!
The Graphics of EA Cricket 2005 look AMAZING !!
The shot of the stadium. Superb.

Now, I don't have a feel for the gameplay from either BLIC or EA Cricket 2005, so I'll not comment on whose gameplay is better.
But judging purely from the available graphics -- EA Cricket 2005 is MINDBLOWING.
and definitely seems the better graphics-wise.

All you EA bashers out there, please try to post a non-biased comment. Forget who's making the games and comment purely on graphics pov as to which you like better.

All in all, healthy competition in the end is good for us end users.

Now, here's hoping BOTH BLIC and EA Cricket 2005 will be AWESOME.
Now that would mean something to all cricket lovers.

Howzat said:
IMO this is why EA release such crap Cricket games...

Get off it, You know there is going to be similar stuff, Cricket 2004 has some great stuff to work from, and Im sure with the fielding setups, we'll have plenty more than what we had in 2004. If HB get rid of the bugs, improve the AI, keep the game looking like it is (WOW), and open the sandbox a bit more..... were in for one beauty of a game.

If EA wants to compete with BLIC in any aspects then they have to concentrate on little aspects of the game like even a kid knows that in ODI the sight screen is black and white ball is used. EA is neglecting this from their last game. Also see they want to make their mark with a big **** EA pitch ad on every game they make. Player faces are all wrong except hayden. They have just changed the player models and lightning.
The outfield is again copied over from cricket 2004 look crap but the pitch looks very realistics with wear and tear.

If EA Sports representative is secretly watching our forum then they need to tell the developers to rectify the above metioned faults otherwise Cricket 2005 will the biggest flop of this year. EA rememeber you might have won the hearts of rugby fans with rugby 2005 but there was no competition but this year be careful as BLIC is gonna rock you out of the market, so EA still have plenty of time to act and compete with BLIC.

At the risk of being lambasted by all the 'the graphics are amazing therefore surely it must be a great game' brigade I want people to consider this

Both games are being released roughly at the same time. How have both Publishers gone about their business?

Codemasters

Have released many facts about the game since end of last year including new fielding mode, 6? commentators, new bowling & batting modes etc.
Have now released plenty of screens, and were brave enough to publish early work in progress shots
Had constant dialogue with then via the forums for best part of 6 months

EA

Heard nothing at all until 2 days ago
Issued press release nearly identical to that of Cricket 2004
Still haven't corrected many glaring basic cricket principles errors. eg red ball and white sidescreen for ODI's. Incorrect default field for restricted overs of ODI's
Released some 'wow' factor type graphics, leading some people to automatically assume the gamplay will be likewise.

Now BLIC might turn out to be a big pile of poop, but at least they have tried to keep the customer informed the entire process of the development cycle, unlike EA who did no marketing at all for Cricket 2004 (didn't even release a demo :eek: ) and have only just started now 3 months or so prior to release of 2005

look why are you all saying bad things about the screenshots. like look at the red ball in odi, white sidescreen. langer in odi squad. gilly and warne on england side

these screenshots are probably testing shots after they have finshed the game theyll probably put every how it is in normal cricket.

there just showing us how the screens and graphics look like there not saying langer is definetaly going to be a odi opener and there going to b a red ball in odi

im 100% sure that when the whole game is made theyll change things around. like put everything to how it is in todays cricket

Every game has a bug,Every game does believe me,And isnt The screen shots suppose to be tender,I am sure it is,Whether it is white ball or red ball,It doesnt matter as long as they have proper game play,the field setting looks ordinary,but we will do some thing about that once we get the game in our hand,I must say I am really impressed by the graphics and so is the other members,I will probably end up buying both blic and cricket 2005,You never know may be cricket 2005 might have a better game play.

jazz said:
look why are you all saying bad things about the screenshots. like look at the red ball in odi, white sidescreen. langer in odi squad. gilly and warne on england side

these screenshots are probably testing shots after they have finshed the game theyll probably put every how it is in normal cricket.

Nope, white sidescreens have been there since 2002. Fact

zimrahil said:
Nope, white sidescreens have been there since 2002. Fact

ok may be not sidescreen but the ball will be changed to white and all the latest squads will be there for test and odi

jazz said:
ok may be not sidescreen but the ball will be changed to white and all the latest squads will be there for test and odi

Thats why players like Bevan, Bichel and Caddick were still in the squads in C2004?

Some of you are just way too argumentative, the game looks great, we all agree. Why not wait to judge how its going to play, and go off on what you feel is SO wrong with it when it comes out (hopefully HB makes good and clears up the major issues....the sidescreen...c'mon...nitpick'n or what?). Its not on the shelves yet, so instead of blowing things way out, enjoy the fact that so far, it looks like it might be the first Cricket game worthy of being consider on par with (if not better than some!) visuals in sports titles this generation of games. Thats all we can really go on for now.......

if you'r a graphic freak forget c05 graphics check this c04 graphic

Why don't all u guys here be positive!!!

crick05 would be good.There is atleast an improvement in player models.
We have good patch makers who can make gameplay better.
I'll be buying BLIC as well as cric05.
but the better one first.

Maybe they are finally taking the game serious now that they hav bcl to compete with

i think a demo is needed to back up those graphics

Users who are viewing this thread