Screenshots - Includes 40 new images (page14)

HO!!! HO!!! HO!!! Hold On Guyzzzzzz!!!!

Some of u peeps feel this game's gonna overshadow BLIC???? ow!!! what do i say then....all these days with all those loads of updates on BLIC news and screenshots,we felt that the game is juz gonna rock da gaming world.... but now the EA juz release a couple of gud looking screenshots and most of u are backing EA????i think this april,even some of our witty planet cricket forum members are getting a lil' dosage of foolishness.....friends!!!All we we peeps have been backing BLIC,and that has made EA come out with a marginally better performance...now if we r gonna lift there spirits from ground to sky, with a glance at juz a mere couple of screens...well then it may turnout to be a negative motivation guys...they am sure are gonna get complacent..right????lets stick to the BLIC as we have always done,and maybe hope these guyz do something better...Cuz its not fair to let down the BLIC makers who have given a wonderful game before even in those early days of gaming(1999)....now hope u guyz agree :cheers :cool: ????

rickyp said:
well this thread is really fair, i think everyones giving EA a good chance

and i hope ea dosent let them down
oops that shud hav been let us down

sarwan said:
shailesh,i hope u r not entering the ip addresses in the explorer address bars.coz the site name says "cricket2004online".remember ea is the creator.

EA has noting to do with this..it's us who have made the game little better for the paying public out there. and you are wrong about the address, I type planetcricket.org :)

They Did it again

They Did it again 2 cricket games in 2 years thats good, i love cricket games and i will go for both EA Cricket 2005 and Brian Lara Cricket, lets decide which one can got points ? Peeps Reply me if u r a cricket lover. and rank the games ? but the only bad thing about games r that u cant manually setup field.

Check the field settings in screenshot 3. One deep midwicket and a deep point. this is ridiculous. this is the field setting used by HB studios in all the cricket games they made. i mean in the first 15 overs seldom will these field setting be utilized.

edited --

why is this field setting ridiculous ? I thought you can only put 2 people outside the circle and this satisfies it. and its very early in the innings so its possible in real life the captain may try this, no ?

Last edited:
Real life captains would rarely use the sort of field that is used by the CPU in HB Studios' games. Tell me, how many 5-4 fields have you seen in the first 15 overs of an odi ?

Every game developed by HB Studios, right from BLC 98 to cricket 2004 has used the same field settings. By the looks of it, this is going to be the case with Cricket 2005 as well. Early screenshots of BLIC had the same fields as well. This should just give an estimate of how much premium is placed on accuracy and updation by Cricket Game developers.

Cricket 2005 Screenshots

I have just noticed this, but I am pretty sure that most of the others have already noticed it. The umpire in the screenshots looks like Billy Bowden, possibly meaning that EA Sports have copied Codemasters into getting the ICC umpire panel license, although I doubt two companies are allowed to have the same license, especially when they are developing rival games. :)

how come they are playing with a RED BALL in a day/ night match????

interesting........very interesting

for all the people who are saying "who cares about the gameplay because we've got patchers",what about people who aren't going to buy the game for the computer. stuff patchers.get the gameplay right.as a ps2 owner i definetely don't except substandard games.

You are right Sachin.Patches should be to enhance the gameplay rather than correcting the terrible bugs.

everyone's criticizing cricket 2005 based on a red ball and a white sightscreen and a history of not being a very competitive game but no one seems to remember that when there were first screen shots of BLIC the keeper wasnt wearing any gloves, the umpire didnt look very realistic and in case everyone has forgotten, the last time a BLIC game was released was a while ago so what makes it so sure that they will come out on top. i mean i played cricket 2004 and it was a pain in the ass as far as bugs were concerned cuz we thought it would be a much much better improvement than cricket 2002 but it wasnt all that different other than the presentation factors. im not takin sides with any one of the games...i think that they're both going to come out with decent efforts, the only reason we're hating the sound of a cricket 2005 from EA is cuz of their past attempts at it...we're just gonna have to wait n see what both developers have in store for us.

karanmadan said:
the only reason we're hating the sound of a cricket 2005 from EA is cuz of their past attempts at it...

No its not, there are alot of reason's, one being they have told us very little about the game (we didn't know for sure whether it was going to be Cricket 2005 or 2006 until recently). Then they do their usual thing of trying to wow people with the screenshots which people keep falling for and have already done on here! The comment 'oh but the graphics are amazing!' really get's on my nerves.

If people need further proof that they don't care or listen to what people want, then go to the Rugby 2005 thread in the Computer Gaming forum. The interview in there is supposedly using questions that were asked by members at EAPlay.com but infact the interview is taken from a press release before the game was launched, typical EA laziness.

Users who are viewing this thread