Season 2012-13 predictions

Bebe is class.

----------

Oh please, not the City v United battle again wrt spending....

What I didn't know until yesterday though was that Carrick, Anderson and Bebe together cost United 41m pounds.

Tough one, but which would you say is better business. Carroll and Lucas Leiva for 40 m, or Carrick, Anderson and for 41 m:p?

This isn't really City vs United, as we've gone past the City argument, now it's purely United. OK though, I'll stop.

Clearly though, the real Utd fans like the ones on these forums are being infected by the gloryhunting Man Utd fans (literally 99% of them), and now they're thinking with the same lack of logic. Unfortunate.

OK - I'm going to stop about that now. :)

It's just proving really hard to get last season' finale out of my system - Sky's constant 'AGUUEERRROOOO' is not helping. ;)

Edit: Has anyone seen the footage of Bebe's recent games - is he looking any better?

Yeah, he looked lively in the last friendly and set up Kagawa's goal.

He's clearly got some level of raw ability, which is why I think he'll flourish at a lower-level but I don't see enough in him to succeed here.

I don't think the cruciate knee injury did him any favours last season.

Nothing I'd like to see more than Bebe being a success at United. Honestly that would be huge, like something out of Hollywood I swear. Good to hear he is improving.

Haha yeah, it feels strange to root for a United player to come good (being a Liverpool fan), but I'll admit I want him to succeed too.

And it's 88m pounds if Allen arrives, not 86. :p

Wonder how Rodgers is being allowed to splash this much cash though. During his appointment, I heard he was given a transfer kitty of just 30m pounds. I'm guessing maybe these funds are available through Kenny rejecting the compensation he'd received (80m pounds iirc) after getting the sack. Kenny wanted that amount to be put into good use in the transfer market instead.

I've heard Balotelli spout some garbage, but that what's in your sig? How can you possibly compare the two? :rolleyes

Why not? Atleast that's how 99% of the football fans feel, including me. Mental + talented + likable all in one package. He's awesome.

Your summer spending is already near 20 m, your spending will blow City's out of the water in all likeliness and also rival Chelsea's.

This is just ridiculous:rolleyes. Instead of buying every bloody first team player like City, why not actually use a younger player or buying a less known player who doesn't cost the Earth. You have two ancient midfielders, Welbeck, Evans and Evra who were either brought in for cheapish or were Man Utd youths. You aren't even happy with Welbeck seemingly. City have Kompany, Hart and Richards, and also when they buy a player for 30 m, they don't just stick him on the bench to rot and play two average strikers in front of him.

You are the same as City and Chelsea. Admit it.

The point isn't about expenditure, I don't care if teams spend lots and lots on players. The point is about being able to compete with the top teams in transfer battles. Utd were after the likes of Ozil, Nasri, Sneijder and Hazard but the fact is when it came down to the finances, Utd couldn't compete with other teams. That's the issue here. It's why Fergie made such a personal effort to sign Hazard, he knew that Utd wouldn't be able to match Chelsea financially so he tried to win him over personally.

That said, I'm quite comfortable with the signings that Utd have made. I'd much rather see Utd make smart signings and allow youth prospects to come through than just go splashing cash on anyone.

The point isn't about expenditure, I don't care if teams spend lots and lots on players. The point is about being able to compete with the top teams in transfer battles. Utd were after the likes of Ozil, Nasri, Sneijder and Hazard but the fact is when it came down to the finances, Utd couldn't compete with other teams. That's the issue here. It's why Fergie made such a personal effort to sign Hazard, he knew that Utd wouldn't be able to match Chelsea financially so he tried to win him over personally.

That said, I'm quite comfortable with the signings that Utd have made. I'd much rather see Utd make smart signings and allow youth prospects to come through than just go splashing cash on anyone.

Agreed with all of that.

You don't care? Well, I don't either. I've always supported Chelsea's and City's spending as it adds more competitiveness to the league.

Every single other Man Utd fan here cares a lot and believe it's reason enough to constantly keep taking hits at City and Chelsea. Sick of it.

----------

Haha yeah, it feels strange to root for a United player to come good (being a Liverpool fan), but I'll admit I want him to succeed too.

And it's 88m pounds if Allen arrives, not 86. :p

Wonder how Rodgers is being allowed to splash this much cash though. During his appointment, I heard he was given a transfer kitty of just 30m pounds. I'm guessing maybe these funds are available through Kenny rejecting the compensation he'd received (80m pounds iirc) after getting the sack. Kenny wanted that amount to be put into good use in the transfer market instead.

Nah if reports are to be believed, it could be for just 13 m, at least 2 m saved:p.

Perhaps a sale is expected? Skrtel or Agger maybe. A lot of speculation. Otherwise I reckon it's all just a lie and Rodgers was given a nice transfer budget.

While Liverpool might be spending a lot on transfers, as puddleduck pointed out about Cahill, it is easy to forget that most of the money spent on players is on wages. Liverpool offer something like 1/4 of the wages offered by the other big clubs. So even if they sign Allen (speculation for now) for 15m or whatever it is, he won't earn more than 70k/week. Also, ste made a very good point about how it is difficult for Liveprool to make bargain deals because of the reputation they earned under Dalglish. Clubs are going to milk Liverpool for every last penny because Kenny was too persistent in his market dealings.

The first page of this thread is bordering on bonkers.

Spurs 6th but overachievers?!?

Martin O'Neil manager of the year with Sunderland not even in the top 7? Stoke to get relegated?!?

Man U to do the triple?!?

What are people on? Seriously haha

Also, Allen is a genuinely good midfielder. Certainly not worth close to 20m yet, but not far off around 10m. Any fee that is bigger than that will inevitably be tied into various performance clauses anyway. GB were actually in control until he went off today. He ran the Swansea midfield, and some coach rated him one of the most talented midfielders he has ever worked with. He's better than Charlie Adam and Henderson for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread