Semi Finals - Germany vs Italy

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Semi Final 1 - Germany vs Italy, 4 July 2006, 21:00

Could go either way this game. Toni has finally found the net which is good for Italy and they have the best keeper in the world. Germany taken close by Argentina but Jens seems to be in real good form now and with their attack they have a good all round unit now.

My Head Says Germany
My Heart Says Italia

:p which one do you recon, eh?

:rtfl, Good one! I agree though, I want Italy to win, no matter what, you should stick to the team you want to win, you never know how Football goes.

I myself would favour Italy to go through. But somehow I feel Germany will edge through on their own familiar German way, just like they did against Argentina.

Germany for sure. If they can beat Argentina then they are capable of beating anyone.

This is going to be one hell of an exciting finish.

Well i just can't see them not winning especially with the momentum they've gathered lately.Italia bore me so i'm hoping for an exciting final between France and Germany.My prediction:Germany will win this Tournament,i have no doubt.

I think Germany will win this one, both defences are quite vulnerable at times.

Germany will win this to me ! but if this goes on penelty then i`ll go in favour of Italy because Buffon ROCKS

aitzaz said:
Germany will win this to me ! but if this goes on penelty then i`ll go in favour of Italy because Buffon ROCKS

Buffon did well yesterday, I'd still favour the Germans on a penalty-shoot out, Lehman has a good record of saving penalties and Germany have a good record of scoring them.

Although I too back the home side in this one let me remind you that the Azzuri thrashed Germany 4-1 in a friendly not so long ago.

Besides Germany has not defeated a major football nation for a while now. Even yesterday's match is counted as a drawn game, which the Germans won on penalties.

Yes but recent form is probably more relevent to this situation.I can definetely see it being a draw,as Germany have played well,and Italy have been rather poor(excluding yesterday).Though a win is not out of the question.

shravi said:
Germany will win this one I feel.
Italia!

IloveGilly said:
Germany for sure. If they can beat Argentina then they are capable of beating anyone.

This is going to be one hell of an exciting finish.
If Bangladesh beat Australia in only 1 match, mean Bangla's are better then Aussies I recon not.

sachin said:
Well i just can't see them not winning especially with the momentum they've gathered lately.Italia bore me so i'm hoping for an exciting final between France and Germany.My prediction:Germany will win this Tournament,i have no doubt.
France! All the way!

m_vaughan said:
Although I too back the home side in this one let me remind you that the Azzuri thrashed Germany 4-1 in a friendly not so long ago.

Besides Germany has not defeated a major football nation for a while now. Even yesterday's match is counted as a drawn game, which the Germans won on penalties.
Agreed!

usy said:
If Bangladesh beat Australia in only 1 match, mean Bangla's are better then Aussies I recon not.
He never said Germany are better, dont know where you pulled that from. He just said if Germany are capable of beating Argentina then they are capable of beating anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread