shane warne

djkay

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also don't forget that Murali have played less test matches than Warne.

gold639

International Coach
yeah warne is a better bowler,he is the best spinner of all time,so case closed,end of story.

djkay

School Cricketer
gold639 on what grounds do you make that assumption?? lol

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Lets settle on this:

Warne is the best leg spinner in the world

Murali is the best off spinner in the world

Kumble is the best unconventional spinner in the world

How about that?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
How about we keep discussing who plays well against Warne. :D since this is what the topic was about anyway. As to why this topic arised...why not? Its just a healthy discussion. Not because he is the best, worst or whatever bowler. I could just as well put the topic up, "Who dominates Mohammad Ashraful's leg-spin?" No one would respond because Ashraful isn't popular. I would of course. But I wouldn't know the answer.

Ajit

Club Cricketer
I know Anwar and Jayasuriya have always had fun against Kumble.
Lara and Fleming don't find Murali that tough.
Sachin and Lara have easy games against Warne.

So, there isn't any spinner(and frankly any bowler) who has never been dominated at all. Why only pick Warne?

More than anything strike rates tell you how good is a bowler. Murali has 58 and Warne 59(and Kumble 65). But Warne hasn't played most of his matches on spinner friendly pitches and has still performed so well.

As for number of matches, Warne doesn't get to bowl as many overs as Murali,Kumble,... He has to play with Purge,Dizzy,... who pick up a lot of wickets.

Kumble's a spinner now?
Sometime he used to bowl at 96-120 kph, and when he came to bowl it was displayed Anil Kumble, Right Arm Medium/Leg Break Googly. But after injury, he has slowed down a lot(80-105 kph) and increased the amount of spin. So he could be regarded as a spinner.
Btw, he has been bowling brilliantly recently. I think he has picked up nearly 65 wickets in last 10 tests he played and this include wickets in non-spinner friendly conditions as well.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
But his strike rate just shows that he picks up the same frequency of wickets. So if he has about the same amount of wickets and strike rate as Murali, then he has bowled the same number of overs. S/R = balls/wickets. It is mathematically inductive.

squiz

International Coach
Yeah, they have bowled around the same amount of overs, even though Warne has played a lot more tests, mainly because of Warne's counter-parts Gillespie, McGrath, Lee, Kasper

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
True...I guess if you look at his strike rate in the context of the Australian team, more revealing statistics will emerge. It is also important to see the fitness of a player like Murali who may have to bowl almost 100 overs in a match. He's finally injured.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
squiz said:
Kumble's a spinner now?

He is certainly not seam bowler is he?? I agree he is not a conventional spinner but he is an unconventional spinner for sure. He does not have ripping leg breaks but possesses a decent googly, deceptive top spinner and uncanny accuracy.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
angryangy said:
Tennis balls are not spin friendly. Tennis balls are batsman friendly.
I agree!! Thats y I have to bowl medium fast instead of my regular leggies ond offies..........

DeLonge182

Club Cricketer
squiz said:
Why has someone made a thread of who dominates Shane Warne? Is it because he's the best bowler in the world?

Yep, just because he was brought up in victoria and not in the sub continent. They realise that warny's the best the worlds ever seen

".........some people say shanes poo is pure white and has no smell whatsoever and i can beleive it"........."well not having shared a cubical alongside shance i cant conferm or deny that claim....."

Anyway the point is warny's a better bowler than the spin countrys have ever produced, so they decide who he got smashed the most buy. 500+ wickets with a perfectly legit action (coughcough, lol) shows he's better than any other team can come up with.

Yes, i am aware that there is a quite good bowler out there called murilitheran.......but he's nothing compared to warno. Just look at the pitches he plays his cricket on.....and against the opposition. :D

Hondo

Club Cricketer
DeLonge182 said:
Yep, just because he was brought up in victoria and not in the sub continent. They realise that warny's the best the worlds ever seen

".........some people say shanes poo is pure white and has no smell whatsoever and i can beleive it"........."well not having shared a cubical alongside shance i cant conferm or deny that claim....."

Anyway the point is warny's a better bowler than the spin countrys have ever produced, so they decide who he got smashed the most buy. 500+ wickets with a perfectly legit action (coughcough, lol) shows he's better than any other team can come up with.

Yes, i am aware that there is a quite good bowler out there called murilitheran.......but he's nothing compared to warno. Just look at the pitches he plays his cricket on.....and against the opposition. :D

LOL.... I like all the bull**** that get thrown around in these forums from experts.

Warne (The drug Cheat) is the greatest bowler off all time??? Yeah right!!!

Users who are viewing this thread