Shiv Chanderpaul- Most Underrated?

The fact that he is constantly called underrated makes me think he is anything but..

Added to the fact that he's actually just been in Lara's shadow for the majority of his career.

I agree, very underated, class player very hard to get out.

He's the Windies' Steve Waugh to an extent. He puts a million (Insert currency here) ransom on his wicket.

Definately agree. He is grossly underrated.

Being in Lara's shadow, his lack of flamboyance and quiet nature has probably contributed to this.

Exactly. Lara was a great batsmen and most people would want to watch him play. Gayle is also another player that people like to watch. He was aggressive and would entertain crowds. Chandderpaul is more of a gritty player that says, "you are going to have to work really hard to get me out."

The main reason he doesn't turn 50's into 100's is because he is normally left stranded not out at the end, while his teamates collapse around him. I think a move up the order might help him.

Doesn't he bat at the top in ODI's? They should do the same for tests.

iloveireland we dont really need a poll, everyone is pretty much voting here and its all yesses :rolleyes:

But as I have said before: nearly everyone is saying he is underrated, meaning he isn't underrated at all.

Give him a few more years and he will be recognised. Most players are overshadowed when u have lara in the team.

But as I have said before: nearly everyone is saying he is underrated, meaning he isn't underrated at all.
In terms of career players, the only other one I can really think of is Younis Khan. He could have as many as 70 Tests left in him. However, I can't really tell if he gets much praise.

Users who are viewing this thread