Should Ricky Ponting give up captaincy after Ashes

Should Ponting hand over Captaincy after the Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ponting still looks world class to me. I might have to re-think my original thoughts. We'll see how he goes for the rest of the series.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He won't give it up, he is nearing the end of the road and in a recent interview he said this is most probably his last Ashes tour.

Owzat

International Coach
Normally the aussies hand over when there is a natural successor and when the aussies aren't in transition : Border > Waugh > Poncing > ??????

*prays he hasn't missed anyone out! *

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Border -> Waugh -> Ponting sounds right. I think Clarke is next in line, but Aus might go for a short term solution like Huss or Katich.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, Border, Taylor, Waugh...Missed Warne somehow...Ponting.

dajesmac

Club Captain
No way should he give it up, I think he's a great batsman and great leader.

Why is there such popularity for his removal? He hasn't done anything wrong!

P

pcfan123

You dont have to have had captaincy experience to be a good one. Vaughn never captained Yorkshire.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I wouldn't give the job to someone who has only done it a handful of times. The problem for Australia is that they only have a couple of players which play all three formats Internationally.

Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Johnson, Haddin.

These five are automatic selections for Australia. (Right Now) The next Captain has to be picked from these five, and I wouldn't give it to any of the other four. Ponting is fine as Captain. He beat SA in SA, didn't he? Also he did very well in the first test. He was unlucky to not win that test.

dajesmac

Club Captain
I wouldn't give the job to someone who has only done it a handful of times. The problem for Australia is that they only have a couple of players which play all three formats Internationally.

Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Johnson, Haddin.

These five are automatic selections for Australia. (Right Now) The next Captain has to be picked from these five, and I wouldn't give it to any of the other four. Ponting is fine as Captain. He beat SA in SA, didn't he? Also he did very well in the first test. He was unlucky to not win that test.

When Clarke captained against Pakistan here in the UAE I was really, really impressed by him. I think he'll be fine.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
You were? Pakistan should have won that series. They were 95-0 when chasing 160, and then they collapsed. Clarke was lucky to have won that match.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Haha I was at that game.

Mind you, we were playing with a virtually 2nd string team, and Clarke and Hauritz bowled superbly all things considered. Pakistan are a dodgy side though, they can be amazing but they manage to stuff up everything haha.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
If Ponting has any say on selection, then yes, he should give it up. This is unbeleiveable.

Stuey Clark, I feel for you son. How can you be constantly ignored?

karnog

International Cricketer
Agree with Hooper. Rubbish Clark doesn't come in. Either for Johnson or Siddle. Whoever bowled better at the nets.

Users who are viewing this thread