Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
HDMI cable.
Well you're in for deterioration at the very least, there's some HDMI capture cards, but they are over $100, so not at all worth it.

Probably the best quality transfer you'll get at a reasonable price is S-Video, while it isn't digital to digital, it is at least RGB, so won't have strobe effects. You'll be looking for generic 'VHS to DVD' devices in markets, they will have the needed plugs and software to get video off a STB.

ursonly11

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Yudi : As you are based in India, I would recommend Enter or Pinnacle capture card. You will have option to capture it as DVD quality and that would also have a time shift kind of feature where you can pause and rewind live TV just like DV recoders(Tata Sky+ etc).

ursonly11

International Coach
I'm buying a licensed antivirus soon (I had been running on trial versions and avast until now!). As for now, Nod32 seems the best choice for me (in terms of both price and reliability).

I was just wondering that would I be able to use my username & password again, if I reinstall my windows or delete the antivirus from one PC to run it on second?
Yes Sir, you will be able to use the same user and password. You ID will have a validity as per the license purchased.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well you're in for deterioration at the very least, there's some HDMI capture cards, but they are over $100, so not at all worth it.

Probably the best quality transfer you'll get at a reasonable price is S-Video, while it isn't digital to digital, it is at least RGB, so won't have strobe effects. You'll be looking for generic 'VHS to DVD' devices in markets, they will have the needed plugs and software to get video off a STB.
The STB is connected to the TV through an HDMI cable as well as the RGBs. For that, instead of EasyCap, will the demo version of AmCap be fruitful?

One of my friends has a similar wire just like EasyCap makes, RGB to USB, so I will use that with AmCap. Will that do the job?

@Yudi : As you are based in India, I would recommend Enter or Pinnacle capture card. You will have option to capture it as DVD quality and that would also have a time shift kind of feature where you can pause and rewind live TV just like DV recoders(Tata Sky+ etc).
That is a nice suggestion for future, but the program I need now has already been tele-casted and is recorded in my Airtel Digital TV Recorder STB. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
One of my friends has a similar wire just like EasyCap makes, RGB to USB, so I will use that with AmCap. Will that do the job?
Yeah, basically you just need a device that does it and software that can handle it, they all do the same thing so there's no real preference on brand. The EasyCap came with Ulead VideoStudio, which worked well enough.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Umm.. never intentional to bring this here. But my laptop crashed the day before while I was working, and I had to reboot. Since then i've been doing that forever. Whenever I turn it back on, the fan goes haywire instantly, and sometimes the display won't come on.

By a lot of struggle I've gotten into the safe mode few times, and realized the RAM is completely put under use. I checked on the performance tab in TM and it was clocking no less than 100% and it's staying there BUT the values suggest only 1/10th of the RAM is put under use. Whatever I try to do it says, "Insufficient system memory exists to do the requested service", along those lines.

So, I tried most of the things. Let it cool down for a day, and tried cleaning the temp (the whole laptop slowed down) or things that are clumping up the space and all sorts of things. But in the end, it kills me with that insufficient memory line.

P.S. It's ON for continuous days, only with few hours of rest every day.

Any pick for this? I've heard there could be memory leaks but I'm not sure of it.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Alright, I'm close to figuring out the problem and it seems like a driver file or an imitation of it.

I checked in the Drivers folder and found a file that was stopped modified at around 4:09 pm which is the time when the PC crashed and most certainly I can't remove, compress, delete or shred the file. Not that it's a driver, but it's like being protected from my actions. The folder gets slowed up 10% when I enter it so I think it's a spyware or that sort. I'm dang sure the services.exe is using this up to 100%.

Cheers.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I need latest tx32.dll it got deleted now a program won't run.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the file for? If it's part of a game, then you probably won't be able to find anything to unpack it

harrisb

International Coach
Battery Problems (Dell Laptop)

Hi, i've got a relatively old Dell laptop (Inspiron 9300).

It's been running fine until recently, the battery used to last for about 1 and a half hours, but for the last couple of days, the battery doesn't seem to hold it's charge and only lasts for about approximately half an hour.

Any ideas, is there anything i can do to get it back to the amount of charge it held originally, do i need to buy a new battery for the laptop?

Thanks for any advice :cheers

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Just sounds to me that your battery is old and needs replacing. They wear down pretty badly, mine only lasts for a minute or two tops so I'm always plugged in now.

Users who are viewing this thread