Story Soon on Planet Cricket...

miggo97

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have been unable to continue my ashes story so i was wondering who i should start a career as or a series that i could write up?

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Coming soon...a NEW story from Qpee.

Taking the West Indies to the top of the world. Calypso cricket has never been this amazing before.

NOTE: I do NOT care about graphics anymore. Writing first or no story. NO pictures. Imagine.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You are back :clap. This section would be to its best with you and Roofrom50 back writing stories

Roofrom50

International Coach
You are back :clap. This section would be to its best with you and Roofrom50 back writing stories

Anything to get this section of the forum back up and running again.
It's certainly died down a lot here which is unfortunate. Plenty of amazing stories came out of here.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014

At the risk of being cocky, I'm going to assume that this post refers to me. And of course, Roo...Roof? Rom? 50? Roofrom50? Roofer? Fer? Fif? Yeah...

I haven't actually started simulating my story yet. The last Cricket Captain I bought was 2010. I'm taking a quick poll from the four people who actually read stories anymore. Do you want me to start from the 2010 season as it begins in-game - easier to write but horribly out-of-date, ie no Sunil Narine, Marlon Samuels, Davendra Bishoo, etc...yet) or do you want me to just randomly sim games until 2013 and the current season, leaving the game to decide where things go until I take the helm?

Either way is fine with me. Everyone knows that I write wins or losses with equal skill. Writing losses is actually a special thing in and of itself, as I realised with my Bangladesh story.

BTW - reason behind not continuing that story...laptop had an unfortunate encounter with a glass of grape soda. Had to get a new laptop. So, the dream of the Tigers ends.

Just to let you know, Bangladesh beat Australia in Bangladesh and drew a Test series against Pakistan. Wrote EVERYTHING up until the end of the Pakistan series. But CERTAIN people wanted graphics. And stupid me listened to them. Now, I don't care.

Again...NO graphics. None. Zero. Not even pictures. You read text, with scorecards at the end of each innings or you get no story at all. I'm fed up with trying to be all fancy. Writing is my strength. And graphics are not. Any "you could try some graphics mate" suggestion in the comments WILL be ignored. This is a story. Not a movie.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah we want stories :)

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I am thinking of coming up with a story on Stanbic Bank T20 - a domestic T20 tournament in Zimbabwe studded with all the big hitters in the world. I have started working on it - the overlay is almost done. I was wondering if the members would be interested in it considering it is not a domestic tournament of a cricketing powerhouse.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
The story is what matters, not the players. Or the country.

Oh really ? :facepalm

Fenil if you start your story which has a very good idea can you please complete . Lee's story has gone to half of the end . Your story should be completed :) .

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
The story is what matters, not the players. Or the country.

Right! I have gone through a quite a few stories to get the idea.

----------

Fenil if you start your story which has a very good idea can you please complete . Lee's story has gone to half of the end . Your story should be completed :) .

Unfortunately, I have not been doing well for the past few days which is why it has got hold up a bit. Will try my best to finish the indispensable things off and start it soon. Let me add that it will take a week or so to start the proceedings. Hopefully, that will boost the activity of the forum.

Last edited:

Akul

International Coach
I will be soon doing a story. It will be revolving around the legend Sachin Tendulkar, the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, Indian Premier League and South Africa's tour of India. Also, a special series.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Never expected such high quality cricket from these teams.. What a final this has been. More tournaments like this would help cricket only move forward...

Coming Soon.. Associate Championship

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Up Coming Story.
2 stories, but Planning to Pick only one :D .

PC journey to Test status (Cricket Coach2014).
West Indies Story (ICC2012/Cricket Coach2014)

Planet Cricket Journey to Test status.
Starting up a New Story, This time not from the Bottom of the Table, but From Div 1 and then to Test Ranking. This will be Done using Cricket Coach 2014.
So Do look out for it.
Note: all the Previous team member will still be there.

West Indies Journey to the Top
West Indies struggle to Become Number 1 Ranking.
IF I do it using ICC2012. will just Have Normal update (like match, Summary,etc)
If i Make it using CC2014. I will have More depth and make the U19 and Also The WI A team, but just will have result for those and Important player, while the Main Focus is going to be the Main Team.

Also I also have Gloucester story (ICC) which i have under consideration.

NOTE: One of the Story may be out soon, depending on how prepared it is and which one I find will be more excited than the next.
It can be Tomorrow or even the coming weekend,But do look forward for it. :cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread