Story Soon on Planet Cricket...

I've been planning to start a story for quite some time now but because the games like (cricket 07 and ac09) do not work properly on my laptop, I didn't start one. I'm planning to start a story based on India's tour of Australia now, I'll be using cricksim. I haven't done a story with cricksim before, I hope it goes well.

Just a suggestion, having done a cricsim story myself. Try and keep things interesting and add a storyline to it, as it's very tough with the lack of graphics to keep readers entertained and the cricksim commentary is hard to work with unless you have a very strong imagination. But good luck, I know you can do it.

0000000bl.jpg

I'm thinking of starting a story about the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Here's a little intro:

When Doug Bracewell shattered the stumps of Nathan Lyon down at Bellereive Oval, it gave New Zealand their first test win against Australia in 20 odd years. It shattered the hearts of Aussie players and fans alike. Young guns, David Warner and James Pattinson proved their worth many a time throughout the series, however it all meant nothing at the end of the day. After the humiliation of losing to New Zealand, the Aussie team will be fired up and raring to go in the upcoming series against India.

India have not been particularly successful recently either. After being whitewashed 4-0 by England earlier this year, they lost their number one test ranking. A hard fought home series against the West Indies has put them in good stead for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Without their flamboyant off spinner, Harbhajan Singh, India will have to rely heavily on their pace bowlers. Taking 20 wickets in every test will be tough for the Indians, as Australian pitches generally provide more help to the seamers. Batting is definitely India's strength. Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman are all quality batsmen that have troubled the Aussies in the past.

For Australia, the batting is the issue. The ex-captain, Ricky Ponting is in terrible form. Mitchell Johnson has had a better batting average over than him over the last 2 years. The sight of pacer, Ishant Sharma will bring back the bad memories of 2008 for Punter. Young opener, Phillip Hughes has also been out of form. He has produced just 1 hundred since his debut series in 2009. A questionable technique and terrible inconsistency has got the Australian public calling for his head.

Australia's top order have recently made a habit of collapsing. In Sri Lanka, South Africa and at home the Australians have looked vulnerable at the crease. That is, with the exception of captain, Michael Clarke. Pup is going through a real purple patch. He has notched up 3 tons in his first 7 tests as captain.

Injuries have niggled away at the Aussies for a while now. Harris, Watson, Johnson, Cummins and Marsh are all injured and are in doubt for the series against India. These injuries are frustrating, however they have provided opportunities for younger players. James Pattinson was called up to replace Ryan Harris and has grasped his chance with both hands, taking back to back 5 wicket hauls against New Zealand. David Warner proved himself as a test batsman with a superb hundred in the 2nd test against the kiwis.

The Border-Gavaskar Trophy has always brought about exciting test matches. This upcoming series is no exception. When the players take the field on boxing day in front of 90,000 screaming fans, we will know that we are in for one of the biggest test series' of the century, The 2011-12 Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

I've always followed you stories as they are interesting and this won't be any exception, Tim.

My current "Integrating with respect to love" Continues.

headlines from April 2012.
SLC unfit to Host ICC World T20: ICC

------------------------

Demand for a league style ICC T20 tournament to dominate domestic leagues: Haroon Lorgat.

------------------------

ICC Announces T20 Champions Trophy to be Held in place of every alternate World T20!
iwosy1.jpg

------------------------

Coming soon, in a brand new combination-Zaxotes+Binnu.

Soon on PlanetCricket: The first ever season of Irish domestic first class cricket.

As you may know, my track record with stories isn't exactly impressive, but I believe I can run this as well as anyone else, and I've gone for something a bit more manageable than the EPL story that I may or may not get back to.

hey all im new here. ive been coming to this site for a while and have been exceptionally interested in the story thread. a friend of mine told me about this site a few months back. and once id looked it up. ive been reading a few of the stories new and old and i must say its given me some motivation to wirte own of my own. so here is my idea for one.

i was thinking about doing a player diary of my create player but decided against it purely because i pretty much hit every ball for 6 and i dont really have the patience to play particularly slowly. so that idea was scrapped. so i thought i would just do one on a team, probably an english county or maybe even australia where i just rename the players to members on this site if they were willing to participate. im also very new to this story writing so im open to any critism feedback and ideas.

im swaying more towards bringing australia back to the glory days. but i kind of want to bring a county team in because ive read so many stories about international teams and not a great deal of domestic sides.

as i said im open to any thoughts, ideas, critism and feedback

Hey all, I'm pausing my "Integrating love wrt Cricket" for few days, since I'm busy with academic schedule and I won't be able to maintain the quality. And just for my time passage and change in mind in serious studies, I'll pen down Indian Journey in ICC World T20 2012, starting in couple of days.

That WILL continue, it has got bit of follow up in my uni as well:p. One of my lecturer is also following that;).

I'm seriously thinking to take over the now paused story run by RPHKR and Prithvi about Windies cricket they started few days ago. I'll need some graphics for that if someone can make it for me. Like overlays of Star Cricket, Srilanka Home (Ten Cricket Overlay) and likewise. I have a Channel 9 overlay which was made by someone a couple of months ago. So, it will be great if someone can make and give me the PSDs of different country's overlays including the Windies one and oh, If and when I takeover the story, I'll be starting it afresh.

Users who are viewing this thread