South Africa in Australia

De Villers hasn't really fired. He maybe more promising than Pietersen adn Clarke but he hasn't set the world on fire like those two.
Kallis is definitely a concern. He is a rock and very hard to get out. I remember that test in Adelaide where they were playing for a draw and he was the last one not out. We just couldn't get him out, but the other end was falling to pieces.

arkmarkell said:
The only reason most people like yourself say that South Africans "are at sea" when they face Warne, is because the hype made about Daryll Cullinan. Sure he couldnt play Warne, but most people see his failure and blatantly label the whole team as useless against spinners. Gibbs and Kallis are 2 of the best players against spin in the world, and they will shine on this tour. Another thing is most of Warnes game involves the mental side,(excessive appealing etc), but when he is met with fire from the opposition then he gets lost. South Africa will stand up to him in terms of onfield antics. Fire will be met with fire.

This series will be very interesting, as I see the Australian middle order as very vunerable. SA will target this area, especially worrying Gilchrist who is in bad form. (maybe like the English worried Gillespie throughout the Ashes series)

The fact remains that Aussies have a potent bowling attack that can threaten any batting line up. SA bowling attack has very good medium fast bowlers but they are all roughly the same. Pollock is an exceptional bowler but I dont think rest can give any nightmares to aussie batsmen. Batting of both teams is great. SA might be as good as Australia in that department. But Aussies bowling is much more vaired. They have got pace, swing, line and length and Shane warne to go with it.
In the end its the bowlers who will determine the outcome of the series.

Tour Match - WA v Sth Africa

WA have lost 3 early wickets. Pollock, Nel and Langeveldt all getting one. WA have lost Langer, Rogers and Heron.
North and Voges are in WA 3/85.

Looks like we won't be seeing the usual domestic team beating a International side. Doesn't help when the international side is taking on our worst team. If SA lose this one they are in trouble.

Yeah De VIllier's test record is very impressive but his ODI ain't. De VIlliers has fired especially earlier in the year but he is unheard of to many people here locally. WA are fighting back atm. 3/198.

As I said he hasn't set the world on fire. Lets see what he has got when he plays against us.

Good fight back by WA, I hope they can beat South Africa so the tourist again have a bad start to their tour.

Pfft, why do you want WA to win? Don't you want a competitive summer and test series. I atleast want SA to be competitive this summer as each summer of cricket is boring. This is seen by the bad tv ratings e.g Cricket was beaten by MASH and some REBA show.

Ur forgetting about one more S.A dangerman. Charl Langeveldt. He has improved leaps and bounds over the last 2 seasons and swings the ball at between 135-145 kph. Couple that with the seam movement he often gets and he can prove to be a handfull.

Ask England who suffered in his debut test when he grabbed a fifer.

Australia looked all at sea in the swinging english conditions so im just hoping he'll get some swing.

CAN U GUYS PLS POST THE SCORES OF THE 3-DAY GAME REGULARLY. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT.

Yeah, I don't see why Australian fans get 'bored' with Australian success. It's bloody tough to win at the highest level, but to win consistently in usually an incredibly comprehensive manner is simply brilliant. True Aussie sports fans will be thankful they got to witness such a period, and will be able to look back on it fondly when the team goes on a slide.

Good effort by WA to score 5/300 odd in day, particularly without the services of Adam Gilchrist and Damien Martyn.

venom2011 said:
Ur forgetting about one more S.A dangerman. Charl Langeveldt. He has improved leaps and bounds over the last 2 seasons and swings the ball at between 135-145 kph. Couple that with the seam movement he often gets and he can prove to be a handfull.

I disagree. Although we only played you in ODIs. Mabee hes a better test bowler. In the ODI's though out of all 4 quickies he was perhaps the least effective and lethal. Ntini, Nel and Pollock are all much better.

We will see.

Voges has really stood up this year. He will be in the Aussie colours in the next few years. A good 100 by him and now some other new guy Bandy is on 59. Ronchi is next in so hopefully he has a good one.

irottev said:
I disagree. Although we only played you in ODIs. Mabee hes a better test bowler. In the ODI's though out of all 4 quickies he was perhaps the least effective and lethal. Ntini, Nel and Pollock are all much better.

We will see.

In the longer version is how he was recognised.

On what looks like a flat pitch he got 4 wickets and apparently bowled langer with a jaffer.

I can only see how good conditions are when S.A bat though.

Oh and Rudolph has got a bucket of runs in local cricket here and truthfully should have been in India. I hope he comes good because he's one of the most talented players i've ever see.

In the world cup 2003, Australia played a warm up game against Titans and he smashed 160+. I remember Gilchrist saying that that was one of, if not the best one-day knock he's ever seen.

:hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Yeah Voges barely got a game till last year, where he flogged the NSW attack and suddenly the WACA selectors went "hmm."

who the hell is S.Gillies?? He has taken 3 wickets so far.

Users who are viewing this thread