South Africa in Australia

angryangy said:
Yeah Voges barely got a game till last year, where he flogged the NSW attack and suddenly the WACA selectors went "hmm."

NSW are the benchmark :) Perform against them and you will get a starting gig.

kodos said:
who the hell is S.Gillies?? He has taken 3 wickets so far.

Good question maybe some WA fan knows. He looks like a all rounder :)

Well his name reminds me of a famous Left arm slow bowler from England lol. Well the Proteas are 4-116 and have seemed quite dissapointing so far. Another international team not starting off well on a tour.

Might be the WA curse, i remebered that we slaughtered Pakistan by an inns and 10 wickets or something one their first tour match, and then WA 2nd XI thrashed them too:D hahah

Wow, and we beat NZ by nine wickest too, Australian state teams can beat any international team!

kodos said:
Well his name reminds me of a famous Left arm slow bowler from England lol. Well the Proteas are 4-116 and have seemed quite dissapointing so far. Another international team not starting off well on a tour.

This guy is better than Giles :) Hopefully WA use him more this season.

Kodos where'd you get the 4th wicket from? CA are being slack as usual. :rolleyes:

Cricket Australia Chairman?s XI named
Cricket Australia today announced the Chairman?s XI team that will play South Africa on Friday 9 December 2005 at Lilac Hill in Perth.

The annual Lilac Hill Festival match will take place at the Lilac Hill ground with play commencing at 10.30am until the scheduled close of play at 6.00pm.

The Cricket Australia Chairman?s XI is:

Justin Langer (c) WA
Marcus North (vc) WA
Chris Rogers WA
Adam Voges WA
Tim Zoehrer WA
Ryan Campbell WA
Daniel Christian NSW
Brett Dorey WA
Peter Worthington WA
Darren Wates WA
Bruce Reid WA
Matthew Inness WA

Guest players for the match include former Australian players Tim Zoehrer and Bruce Reid while young NSW all-rounder Daniel Christian also joins the team.

Western Australia skipper Justin Langer will lead the side again after successfully captaining against the Pakistan side last year.

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=mediareleasedisplay&id=35841

Good to see WA letting NSW other star all rounder play a game to show what hes got :)

I got the score from waca.com.au. And yes CA sucks and hasn't updated since. Can't believe the proteas are 8/136. Massive collapse.Can't believe how hopeless they are without Kallis and Smith.

kodos said:
I got the score from waca.com.au. And yes CA sucks and hasn't updated since. Can't believe the proteas are 8/136. Massive collapse.Can't believe how hopeless they are without Kallis and Smith.

Good dam, oh well always love our domestic teams kicking butt!

Could you give me a direct link to the live score I can't find it from that site.

its http://www.waca.com.au/ and scroll down the bottom. you will see the scorecard. It is very basic though and doesn't have a lot of detail.

Well I just searched and pakistan actually had the worst start to the Aussie tour last year. They lost to the WA Second XI by 10 runs.

Oh is that the live scores. I thought it was like cricinfo and CA. SA now 9 wickets down for 172. I wish I could see whose taking the wickets. Perhaps that new star in the making ;)

:laugh I remember that. What a great day that was for Aussie cricket :)

From what i heard Beau Casson has 3/5 and sparked the collapse. Not quite sure did Gillies take any additional wickets apart from his 3 early on.

Thats my boy casson! friggin SA suck!

hmm well this is gillies..

Attachments

• 56343067.jpg
    56343067.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 30
Lol I knew you would be happy with that Rox :)
Good to see, I see a baggy green coming Casson way. Taking international wickets will help him out majorly.

SA played too many bowled, when you have Kemp in 5 and your next batter is Boucher you have problems.

I've also found more info on Gillies. I knew he was a all rounder :) I can't find what he bowls but he can't be a spinner as they have Voges and Casson. Fast medium perhaps ;)

Good to see Edmondson clean bowling Gibbs I knew this guy had potential.

LITTLE known all rounder Shawn Gillies stunned the South African top order with an impressive three-wicket haul on his first class debut for Western Australia at the WACA today.

Gillies took two wickets in his first over as the Proteas reached 4-116 at tea on day two of the three-day warm-up match they are using as preparation for the first Test against Australia starting on December 16.

Ben Edmondson clean-bowled dangerman Herschelle Gibbs for 25 just before tea in a disappointing opening effort with the bat by South Africa.

At tea Justin Kemp was nine not out and Mark Boucher unbeaten on four after WA earlier declared its first innings at 8-391.

Born in Mandaville, Jamaica, Gillies was named to make his first class debut after a string of outstanding performances in the WACA District League.

Brought on in the 21st over of South Africa's first innings with the score 0-71, he immediately forced AB de Villiers (27) to drag a ball onto his stumps with just his second delivery.

Four balls later Jacques Rudolph (43) was caught by David Bandy at point as the Proteas fell to 2-72.

Gillies then had to wait until his third over to claim his third wicket, Ashwell Prince caught by Steve Magoffin at third man for just four.

Gibbs then fell four minutes before tea as the Proteas struggled to find their feet in their opening match of the Australian tour.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17479729-23212,00.html

langerrox said:
Thats my boy casson! friggin SA suck!

hmm well this is gillies..

So he is Jamaican. Given the Windies produce so many fast bowlers he must be one then :D

Last edited:
all out for 179, grrr the abc news didnt say any more

SA following on, LOL SA are now 1/7 and WA lead by 212 AB delivers gone bowled emondson,

Users who are viewing this thread