South Africa in Australia

kodos said:
I still think it is still a bit premature to write South Africa off. This is their first time here in Australian and WACA conditions. I'm not saying they will win the series but they will get gradually better. When Kallis and Smith are back then they will have a full strngth team that will score more runs. Remember the Ashes tour, Australia started off very poorly by losing the twenty match, lost to England and Bangladesh, lost to Somerset and was pretty much smashed by Essex.

I wouldn't write them off, their batters will put up a fight especially Kallis. But if that will be enough to stop Aus; probably not.

It doesn't help when they are struggling against the bottom placed WA in Pura cup.

maggofin 1-6 emdonson 1-16 beau casson got 4fer too, shawn gillies 3 wickets his real name is wiston born 15 april and attended scotch college (worst school eva:D) im just typing it off ABC news.

Lol true. But Kallis and Smith have had amazing success in the last few years. Interesting to hear also that the Proteas will attack Warne and play aggressive against him. If they do it will be an interesting contest, especially if it will be between Kemp and Warne. I hope they do because if they don't then Warne would just take advantage of them.

White is an all rounder and the captain of his domestic team, it's very unlikely that he will turn out like Hauritz.

I am very certain Cullen is to be a future player for Australia. He often makes aggressive off-spin look incredibly easy, indeed he make loop and drift look like the basics.

langerrox said:
maggofin 1-6 emdonson 1-16 beau casson got 4fer too, shawn gillies 3 wickets his real name is wiston born 15 april and attended scotch college (worst school eva:D) im just typing it off ABC news.

Good to see from Casson. One more year of performance like this and he'l be close to Aussie selection.

Any other info on Gillies although I'm happy with what I've found on him :D
Sounds promising to me, any idea if he has hopes of representing Aus? Or does he plan on playing for the Windies.

Since he was born in Jamaica maybe the Windies should of called him to play for them in their tour.

I don't think they ever heard of him. Hes come from no where, today's performance is bound to get the Windies thinking. Although they have Bravo already. Aus should secure him up as they haven't got one yet. The more possible all rounders we find the better the chance we have of actually finding that all rounder.

Definatly noone has much experience playing them and they will get a bag of wickets

Gibbs has failed in this match, but along with Kallis and Smith, the SA top order will be strong. Gibbs does not get as much credit as these 2 even though he has an outstanding record, better than Smith.

They have quite a few tour matches before the first Test, hopefully they hit good form before the end of them.

Cmon you can't party about Casson taking 3 tailenders :rolleyes:
Edmondson and Gillies were the stars of the show :)
One thing I noticed is Edmondson is still expensive.

Well it was difficult for the Saffas to be prepared for this match. it was only a few weeks ago they were playing in low turning pitches and have crossed many timezones which is difficult. I expect and hope that they will improve and be on top of their game by the first test. The top order will be Aus main problem with Gibbs, Smith, De VIlliers, Kallis and maybe even Rudolph.

langerrox said:
I thought he was Western Australian? :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread