South Africa in Australia

Hey I wouldn't call that their 3rd 11. 2nd 11 sounds more like it :) As I mentioned early WA haven't won a game this season with this side and suddenly they beat a International side :) Who said the Aussie comp wasn't in good shape.

I mean the next match in i think 5 days time. They are versing a 3rd XI:) here is the squad:
Scott Meuleman (Captain), Liam Davis, Hugh Brown, Luke Pomersbach, Theo Doropoulos, Luke Ronchi, Shawn Gillies, Matthew Johnson, Aaron Heal, Michael Clark, Matthew Petrie and Aaron Crawford.

I don't even know 3 quaters of those guys.

They are playing the Warrior's again after the Chairman's XI at the UWA oval which starts on Sunday.

As much as I like the Chairman's XI, why do they pick all WA players, 2 former stars and one random NSW guy? Is there like a system which they work to which says all Australian representative teams need a token NSW player?

I think it is because they are playing in WA so they have to pick the local players. Also because the players from other states have duties in the pura or ING cup matches.

Unless SA improves dramatically it looks like this test series will be another West Indies.

A very poor effort, regardless of the conditions a Test side shouldn't loose to a state side. It's even worse considering it was the worst team in the Australian comp at the present time.

angryangy said:
As much as I like the Chairman's XI, why do they pick all WA players, 2 former stars and one random NSW guy? Is there like a system which they work to which says all Australian representative teams need a token NSW player?

Cause everyone loves NSW :D
Its definitely shouldn't be called Chairman's 11 as its basically WA with 3 random dudes. Oh well Langer will be able to get use to playing them.

I don't think it will be as bad as the West Indies drubbing. SA are much better and can perform alot better with Smith and Kallis back. At least they didn't lose against a WA 3rd XI side like Pakistan last year.

I agree SA have a more all round side. Good batting and bowling. If they perform at their best they will be hard to beat. Hopefully Aus prevent this and we make Kodos bored again :p

Also you give WA too much credit, their 2nd 11 beat Pakistan not the 3rd, only the mighty NSW can do that :)

Lol I will be bored again if this series will be another 3-0 whiteash. There is still next year's ashes to look forward to. I had a look at the scorecard for last year's game and discovered how dramatic the Pakis collapsed. In their 2nd innings they were all out for 83 to unknown bowlers such as Coetzee, Sprague and Petrie.

And they are still unknown now :laugh Teams really hate playing in Perth. Even NSW struggled there until this year.
On the Ashes hopefully you will be bored again as that means we would have won the Ashes :D

Lol shouldn't talk too soon :D Remember earlier in the year when the Aussies were confident of retaining the Ashes :)

but this time they will be coming off not playing cricket and we will be playing cricket unlike this year!

Have to wait and see the outcome of the series. :D

Users who are viewing this thread