South Africa in Australia

kodos said:
Well it was difficult for the Saffas to be prepared for this match. it was only a few weeks ago they were playing in low turning pitches and have crossed many timezones which is difficult. I expect and hope that they will improve and be on top of their game by the first test. The top order will be Aus main problem with Gibbs, Smith, De VIlliers, Kallis and maybe even Rudolph.

I agree, teams always struggle if they start out in Perth. At least they have got a number of tour games to get use to the bounce. That way they will have no excuse if they lose.

Good news for Rox! Casson has taken 2 more wickets in the 2nd inns. That of Kemp and Boucher. SA 5/95 possibly 5 tailend wickets for Casson now :)

Lol i just heard on the radio and the SA coach said that they aren't trying out there at the WACA.

5/120 1 over before lunch, Prince on 43*, Pollock is 15* need 92 for WA to bat again. Beau Casson 2-43 and 4-21 his a legend

Its his 23 Year old BDAY what a present!

kodos said:
Lol i just heard on the radio and the SA coach said that they aren't trying out there at the WACA.

Whatever this will still count as a loss if WA can get 5 more wickets.

Just also heard that Smith is probably gonna miss the first test. major blow for the Saffas.

Thats a huge blow, everone was saying this performance was cause he was missing well they better get use to it.

Magoffin is taking out the trash now! Prince falls short of his 50, Pollock also fell. 3 more wickets for another team to fall to our mighty domestic sides.

Casson gets another tailender. WA first win of the season against a international side :laugh

Langevelt got a cold and didnt bat, his in his hotel room:)

That was a very shocking performance from South Africa. They need to play better then that against Australia.

Very surprising stuff. But at the end of the day, this is why South Africa has arrived so early, to get some practice matches in before they front up for the first Test. The result doesn't mean anything but there would have to be concerns in the South African camp over the relative impotence of the bowling attack, that was stronger than it will be come the Test matches.

Well I would be worried. This is the worst team in the Pura cup. If it was NSW then no surpises. But WA haven't won a game all season. Only excuse for them is they came from India so it can be hard to adjust. But if they lose the next game then they are in trouble.

Haha look at the early posts on this thread. Still think SA are a chance? :D

Only if they improve dramatically. No excuses by teh Saffas despite the coach saying that they were not trying. Absolute rubbish by the coach and interesting can they even beat the WA 3rd XI side.

Users who are viewing this thread