South Africa in Australia

Chairmen 11 lost by 8 wickets in the fun game. Didn't really help their batters that much but their bowlers got some good practice. Kruge 4 wickets. Gibbs 91 not out.

More interesting news Aus test squad for the first test has been named.

The team: Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (c), Brad Hodge, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath, Stuart Clark (12th man to be named).

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17518832-38259,00.html

I was hoping Dizzy would be back but looks like Bracken will play. Can't see them giving Clark a go ahead of Bracken.

Heal is a Slow left-arm orthodox. But WA don't need him as they have Casson. I would like to have seen Gillies get another shot at SA.

aussie1st said:
Heal is a Slow left-arm orthodox. But WA don't need him as they have Casson. I would like to have seen Gillies get another shot at SA.
Gillies is playing, so he is getting another shot.

Oh indeed he did, he got Smith but was expensive. WA looked to have unearthed a batsmen of the future in Pomersbach. He smashed a 145 from only 128 balls. WA 2nd 11 decleared on 300.

AB DeVilliers has been very dissapointing so far this tour. Hopefully he can rectify his poor start to the tour and produce decent totals against the aussies. SA are noe 3/155 with Rudolph on 72 and Prince 46.

Another no namer called Crawford has taken 2 wickets. Gillies not the same success on this pitch. Clark hasn't impressed this match, he won't be getting into the 1st side anytime soon.

I don't think anything that's been said in the lead up to this series has been out of line. For me it adds a little bit of excitement to the period of a match where players who have had a little bit to say off the field face off on the field. For instance, there will undoubtedly be a bit of a buzz when Smith is at the crease, the crowd will be up for it, the commentators will allude to it, and the players will be just a little bit more animated.

Sure there should be guidelines dictating what is and what is not acceptable in terms of verbal exchanges via the media, but essentially all that has been said by South Africa is that 'we think we can knock you off' and Australia have retorted 'maybe not.' Nothing out of line there I don't think.

At the moment we dont need a pshychologist, we need another phsyio! Look at how big our injury list is at the moment.... Anyway I hope that everyone is fit for the test on Friday.

That part timer should become a full timer after that performance. WA 2nd 11 was going at over 5 an over while SA were 9 wickets down when they decleared. Not looking good at all for SA.

Things are not looking good for South Africa. They're struggling against even the Australian domestic cricket teams.

aussie1st said:
That part timer should become a full timer after that performance. WA 2nd 11 was going at over 5 an over while SA were 9 wickets down when they decleared. Not looking good at all for SA.
I don't think it's actually the 2nd XI, or is it? I thought both the 1sts and the 2nds are busy, so they named a "WA XI" to play this match.

Users who are viewing this thread