South Africa in Australia

From baggy green our mystrey man is being revealed. And my assumption was right :D

Full name W Shawn Gillies
Born date unknown, Mandaville, Jamaica
Major teams Melville, Western Australia
Playing role All-rounder
Bowling style Right-arm fast-medium

And there review on the match
First-class debutante Shawn Gillies made a mockery of South Africa's top order, bagging the wickets of both openers in his first over and then snaring a third just two overs later. At tea on the second day of South Africa's three-day tour match against Western Australia at the WACA, the tourists were on the back foot at 4 for 116 after the home side declared their first innings at 8 for 391.

It was medium-pacer Shawn Gillies, called into the state team for the first time after some impressive performances at club level in Perth, who did the damage. With his second delivery, the 24-year-old bowled opener AB de Villiers for 27 after the South African dragged the ball onto his stumps. De Villiers and partner Jacques Rudolph had added 71 runs and looked comfortable until Gillies was introduced to the attack. Just four balls later Gillies, a Jamaican-born allrounder, struck again as Rudolph, on 43, lifted a catch to David Bandy at point with the score on 72. Two overs later he dismissed Ashwell Prince, caught near the boundary after top-edging a hook shot. That wicket saw South Africa slump to 84 for 3 and gave Gillies figures of 3 for 7 after his first three overs of first-class cricket. Herschelle Gibbs then helped steady the ship but he fell just before tea, bowled by Ben Edmondson for 25.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/228657.html

langerrox said:
all out for 179, grrr the abc news didnt say any more

SA following on, LOL SA are now 1/7 and WA lead by 212 AB delivers gone bowled emondson,

I said it last year that Edmondson has talent. At 27 he could still make the Aussie side but will need to crack the WA 1st 11 and then perform more consistently.

ill be suprised if Casson isnt picked for the 2006 season at the latest 2009 ashes

I hope WA picks Shawn Gillies more too. It sounds like he ripped apart SA.

Casson won't be picked next year, he still needs a good year. White and Cullen are the next spinners who I hope will be used for our tour of Bangladesh.

Hey I'm not the selector, the selectors obviously fancy him but Ponting is too lazy to use him. I see potential lets see how he goes in the international level.

1/15 now Sth Africa. They really do go s*** without Kallis and Smith. I don't think Casson will be selected as the next spinner. It will be Cullen and White but you never know, those 2 spinners may turn out to be like Nathan Hauritz, promising at first but then dropped despite performing quite successfuly.

Ponting doesnt want to lose ODI matches so he doesnt bowl him

I havn't seen much of White but he seems average. I mean Hogg is perfered over him.

But seriously, South Africa really have crumbled here. Owned. We saw what happened to England after they suffered a simular affair. My money is on Australia all ready.

I've said it earlier I'm still not convinced SA have what it takes in test matches. They are going great in ODIs but not as great in test. They are equal with NZ in the test rankings. Now NZ have been bad in test matches for a while now. If SA can't past them they can't be that much better.

Thats true and a good point lol.

Im putting my vcash on australia thats for sure.

I still think it is still a bit premature to write South Africa off. This is their first time here in Australian and WACA conditions. I'm not saying they will win the series but they will get gradually better. When Kallis and Smith are back then they will have a full strngth team that will score more runs. Remember the Ashes tour, Australia started off very poorly by losing the twenty match, lost to England and Bangladesh, lost to Somerset and was pretty much smashed by Essex.

Gilchrist said:
**** that ca site, they are in it for the money, hoping no one would care about the domestic crickert

Well they have spent money upgrading their site. It looks all good to cover up their crap coverage of domestic games and lack of knowledge of cricket.

The CA site has been like this for over a year now. S*** coverage and constanly blames on server crashes.

Cricinfo did it way better, i have also sent thousands of e-mails with no responce, and remember, they are without, Smith, Kallis.

Users who are viewing this thread