South Africa in Australia

ZexyZahid said:
At the moment it's just a matter when Australia will wrap up this and not if. Kallis played way to slow I would say. If someone in the second innnings is to blame it's him. He should have hitted like Pollock did.

I'm sure glad the world class batsmen in the Australian side is Ricky Ponting and not Mr. Kallis.

At the moment it's actually a race between Hayden and Ponting who will get the century first.

aussie1st said:
Against India in Waugh's last ever game Aus made 340 while chasing. That suggests the SCG isn't what it use to be.
Kumble took 12 wickets in that match, though.

ZexyZahid said:
At the moment it's actually a race between Hayden and Ponting who will get the century first.
Hayden is out of the race.

the rain is to blame really aust would be chasing 400 and wouldn't be winning this game .. smith declared far too early too allowed aust to play their nautual game

Hayden out for 90 runs. Bad way to get out on that total.

But still this should be an easy victory for Australia.

Ponting gets his century! :happy :clap :cheers :cool:

He is only man in history to hit centuries in both innings.

Last edited:
adthomp said:
the rain is to blame really aust would be chasing 400 and wouldn't be winning this game .. smith declared far too early too allowed aust to play their nautual game
I feel the South African in their first innings simply didn't anticipate rain well enough (it's Sydney, check your weather forecasts) and effectively wasted quite a bit of time.

It wasn't to be expected that Ponting would gun down a run-a-ball century, but they shouldn't be too surprised. However, Smith couldn't have afforded much more time. He couldn't have Australia come in for 40 overs and chase 350, that would not give them enough time to bowl them out.

What a man--Ricky ponting! Twin centuries on his 100th test match--I can't see a better way to celebrate it. South African's probably could have made the equation tougher by pushing the lead up to 300 and leaving the Aussies about 60-65 overs. But Kallis seems to have played way too slowly.

hahah i told you be all over by 5pm

ricky people better start rating him up their with tendulker and Lara now seeing as stats wise he has better record

ZexyZahid said:
Hayden out for 90 runs. Bad way to get out on that total.

But still this should be an easy victory for Australia.

Ponting gets his century! :happy :clap :cheers :cool:

He is only man in history to hit centuries in both innings.

what ?? Inzaman got 2 in 1 game against england not long ago

sohummisra said:
What a man--Ricky ponting! Twin centuries on his 100th test match--I can't see a better way to celebrate it. South African's probably could have made the equation tougher by pushing the lead up to 300 and leaving the Aussies about 60-65 overs. But Kallis seems to have played way too slowly.

But why would Australia pursue an unlikely 300 at about 5 runs an over when the series was already in the bag. Sure they love to win, but to track down 300 in 60 overs on the last day of a Test match would involve alot of risk...

The fact was South Africa had to win, so they had to give themselves enough overs to do the job. I couldn't see that South African attack knocking over the Australians on that pitch in anything under 70-75 overs. South Africa play a very negative brand of Test cricket, and that is what prevented them making a declaration to their advantage. I'm actually surprised they didn't keep batting and play for a draw....

edit: I think Ponting is the only player to have make a ton in each innings of his 100th Test match.

did he blow a kiss to the crowd? he better of, 2 centuries in 2 innings in his 100 test!

adthomp said:
what ?? Inzaman got 2 in 1 game against england not long ago

I forgot the word in his 100th Test. He hit centuries in both innings in a 100th Test match.

I must say it was a disappointing bowling effort by South Africa. The negative bowling on legstump didn't help either.

yeh, South Africa made alot of claims and showed promise early in the series at perth, but its been downhill from there, surely Ponting is the best batsman in the world now lol

Users who are viewing this thread