South Africa in Australia

Is that a rhetorical question Andrew? ;)
But you are right there is 2 more tour games although they are more preparation for the VB series.

Anyway good win by the Aussies after that competitve declearation. Great 143 by Ponting but bad luck to Hayden on missing yet another 100. At least Hodge got some time in the middle.

aussie1st said:
But you are right there is 2 more tour games although they are more preparation for the VB series.
Three games actually. One is a Twenty20 international, which is a bit more important than a warm up game!

Flip, didn't see that result on the cards, MacGill bowled quite well earlier on.

Ponting showing his class yet again in hard situations.

Any Australians on here who have a problem with Muralis action but not MacGills?

Look like they come over at a similar angle imo, infact Muralis looks straighter. Not that it really gives the bowler any advantage at all.

PS: People moan about Giles bowling over the wicket, but why not with Warne? He created naff all today from doing that.

Sureshot said:
Look like they come over at a similar angle imo, infact Muralis looks straighter. Not that it really gives the bowler any advantage at all.

PS: People moan about Giles bowling over the wicket, but why not with Warne? He created naff all today from doing that.

Macgill bowls legspin. legspin is almost impossible to throw, that comment is ridiculous. That SA spinner on the other hand is a down right chucker - he has the same action as murali, and those other couple of sub continent chuckers who can bowl a doosra. It's simple, the doosra is a chuck, it is impossible to bowl with a straight arm - it has to be banned, which in turn will stop bowlers from being picked up.

Smith bit off more than he can chew in this one - if he didn't put so much pressure on his players through all of the ridiculous comments he was making, they probably would've held their catches, and probably would've beaten australia. But he heads home 2-0, and more than likely, another trouncing is on the cards when they meet in SA - i am so looking forward to this, the first test of the last time they met in SA was the biggest whooping i've ever seen in test match cricket - bigger than the drubbings Bangladesh and Zimbabwe receive. Gilly loves it over there, will be a great opportunity to get some of that sparkle back as the ashes draw nearer.

Punter is a genious. I read somewhere that he's made some 5000 runs in his last 50 odd test matches at an average of 70 with 20 hundreds. That is incredible, at this rate he's going to leave Sachins number of 100s for dead....50 hundreds?

Well i don't think Murali chucks.....Anyway brave decision by South Africa,and i think it was the right thing to do.If they'd batted on it would have just peated out into a draw,no good publicitt would have come from that.Even though they did loose today they gained some valuable experience,and in the future maybe it'll come off.

Murali bowled all his deliveries with a cement cast on, that wouldn't allow his elbow to flex more than 15 degrees. They all spun as they were supposed to (doosra spun away, conventional off spin spun conventionally). The way you blanket all the sub-continent off-spinners as chuckers just seems like you're trying to cover up for the lack of any quality spin talent in any other part of the world (except for Warnie, of course).

So is the Twenty20 between South Africa and Australia? And when is it again?

andrew_nixon said:
Three games actually. One is a Twenty20 international, which is a bit more important than a warm up game!

Right you are forgot about that.

Twenty/20 is on the 9th and yes it is between Aus and SA.

Hmm, I think the Twenty20 could swing either way. South Africa seem like a pretty good ODI unit, but isn't Kemp injured?

Kemp is injuried but I don't know for how long.
Aus 20/20 side is alright and Haddin is getting ago which is good.

I'm going to pick South Africa for the Twenty20 game, simply because they are more experienced, having played the game at domestic level. On the Australian side, only Symonds has played it extensively.

Symonds will be the key for the Aussies, especially his spin bowling.

valvolux said:
Macgill bowls legspin. legspin is almost impossible to throw, that comment is ridiculous. That SA spinner on the other hand is a down right chucker - he has the same action as murali, and those other couple of sub continent chuckers who can bowl a doosra. It's simple, the doosra is a chuck, it is impossible to bowl with a straight arm - it has to be banned, which in turn will stop bowlers from being picked up.

Rubbish, Loudons doosra is fine.

And what sohummisra said, although i doubt it was cement, he couldn't lift his arm otherwise :D

Users who are viewing this thread