South Africa in Australia

Sureshot said:
PS: People moan about Giles bowling over the wicket, but why not with Warne? He created naff all today from doing that.

That may be because Warne can pitch it on the grass just beside the pitch and still threaten the batsmen, it's not neccessarily a defensive line. Giles purposefully bowls defensive lines (that have no chance of taking wickets) to make up for a lack of skill and class.....

Sureshot said:
PS: People moan about Giles bowling over the wicket, but why not with Warne? He created naff all today from doing that.

That may be because Warne can pitch it on the grass just beside the pitch and still threaten the batsmen, it's not neccessarily a defensive line. Giles purposefully bowls defensive lines (that have no chance of taking wickets) to make up for a lack of skill and class.....

I agree with you. Giles is rubbish there are better spinners in England, don't believe he's the best. But why did Warne come around the wicket? He is such a deadly bowler he doesn't need to come around the wicket, does McGrath to lefties?

Sureshot said:
I agree with you. Giles is rubbish there are better spinners in England, don't believe he's the best. But why did Warne come around the wicket? He is such a deadly bowler he doesn't need to come around the wicket, does McGrath to lefties?
The reason spin bowlers come round the wicket more often as opposed to fast bowlers is really simple. A spin bowler especially of Warne's class who turns the ball so much obviously has advantage of bowling in rough created by the bowler's mark and get extravagant turn and bounce on a wearing 5th day pitch. A bowler like Warne can turn the ball square and induce a slip catch by bowling into the rough by bowling round the wicket. Fast bowlers cannot take advantage of the rough created by bowler's mark.

Sureshot said:
i think we should give blackwell more of a chance he can bat and is a very good spinner .

somerset glover said:
i think we should give blackwell more of a chance he can bat and is a very good spinner .

Not much evidence of his batting ability on the Pakistan tour although bowling at Taunton has clearly showed him how to bowl effectively on flat pitches.

How bout Matthew Panessar? Heard that he is mos likely to be the next spinner due to Udal's failure in Pakistan.

The twenty20 match will be exciting to watch. I feel SA may just edge Aus, but it will be interesting to see how Kallis goes. He better not bat like his usual way's and score 10 off 20 deliveries.

Damn Ricky is a great player.He just made consective 100 and its a record too in 100 test 2 century.Also congrats to all the Aus fans for Aus victory.

If Ponting plays anything like he did last year SA will be in trouble. Martyn has shown he can score fast in WA's 20/20 game. Aus bowling this year in ODIs has been suspect to leaking massive runs.

He is an alltime great now:P, Yeh Martyn was amazing in that 20/20 i was there (see my avatar) 31 off 19, shame he threw his wicket away

Users who are viewing this thread