South Africa in India

Check out what Sid is doing...

"20 years later, there will be 200,000 people in Chennai claiming they watched the innings," says Sid.

On Cricinfo..

Gosh, I hate Dravid when he does this....at least he can go at a strike rate of 50 on this pitch. Surely ?!

India avoided the follow-on, in case anyone cares. :p Sehwag needs just a few more boundaries to have scored 200 runs today.

Gosh, I hate Dravid when he does this....at least he can go at a strike rate of 50 on this pitch. Surely ?!
I think Dravid is just in awe of what's happening at the other end. Cannot blame him for forgetting to bat and just watching! Although he is improving his SR now.

Last edited:

I think it is a better move for the economy rate of the team that he doesn't score quickly and ensures he stays in. I have no doubt that Sehwag would go into his shell a bit if India lost a few quick wickets here (touchwood).

Okay, I gotta sleep in 11 minutes. It's about to touch 5am here.

In other news, Sehwag is 2 runs away from 200 runs scored in a day (again) and 5 runs away from setting a new personal second-highest score.

I think thats typical Dravid...He will play his natural game despite flat Pitch..
I don't see any problem with him..He can't effort Failure here...Lol..

Nowt wrong if Dravid tries to up the rate a bit and gets out. Sachin and Sehwag together will be a treat !

Not a Bad Idea..But Dravid won't let this happen..Actually He suppose to have good argument that over all run rate is so good enough that He doesn't need to take Risk...
But I agree with you,If India wants to win this then they haveto make some fast runs...If we'll get some lead then you never know Kumble on 5th day!!!
Condition won't sound same when Kumbla and Harbhjan will bowl from two ends on day5..

Dravid - Get Out !

India could look to bat only once now. 138 behind. If they bat till the end of Day 4....they could get a lead of 300, and then declare. Huh ?

Last edited:
I think Dravid should not have any Excuse for his Strike Rate 29.32…
If suppose instead of him Sachin would had come to bat and He has played 133 deliveries!!!
Then He sure would have made 100 runs..And India would only behind by 30 runs..
Dravid is running the Plan here…India must save some time for Bowlers to get South Africa all out…No way to Explain this type of strike rate on flat bating Pitch…

Dravid - Get Out !

India could look to bat only once now. 138 behind. If they bat till the end of Day 4....they could get a lead of 300, and then declare. Huh ?

I think Dravid should not have any Excuse for his Strike Rate 29.32?
If suppose instead of him Sachin would had come to bat and He has played 133 deliveries!!!
Then He sure would have made 100 runs..And India would only behind by 30 runs..
Dravid is running the Plan here?India must save some time for Bowlers to get South Africa all out?No way to Explain this type of strike rate on flat bating Pitch?

No, I think Dravid is batting well. He is playing each ball on its merit and not trying anything stupid. He is providing stability so that Sehwag can attack with the team having not lost any wickets at the other end.

I think that Sehwag should not try any reverse sweeps or other cheeky shots, because I can see that being the only way he'll get out. It must be frustrating though, playing left arm, over the wicket, spin.

Sehwag you legend!

Wow...
Whoever have not seen Pitch can still guess the Pitch by following Scenarion..
1..H Amla has made a Century..
2..D Styen not got any wicket although He has bowled near 10 overs..
3..Jaffar is look very Comfortable in the Middle...

Where the hell all money going in BCCI???
World Richest cricket board can't make 3 pitches for 3 test matches which can keep interest in the Match...Damn...

Jaffer is a sub-continent bully. Everyone knows that.
They had no time to prepare the pitch. With rains and the domestic match that was played like a week and a half ago.

Last edited:
No, I think Dravid is batting well. He is playing each ball on its merit and not trying anything stupid. He is providing stability so that Sehwag can attack with the team having not lost any wickets at the other end.

I think that Sehwag should not try any reverse sweeps or other cheeky shots, because I can see that being the only way he'll get out. It must be frustrating though, playing left arm, over the wicket, spin.

So according to this explanation South Africa is bowling very well..
There were only 29 balls out of 144 balls which deserve runs???
Then I must appreciate Prince for his Left Arm Spin?

Sehwag has scored 238* today, I believe that is already a new world record for most runs in a day?

Sensational Stuff!

So according to this explanation South Africa is bowling very well..
There were only 29 balls out of 144 balls which deserve runs???
Then I must appreciate Prince for his Left Arm Spin…

Many people play deliveries on less than their merits on a flat pitch. But Dravid is playing from the textbook, he is not attacking short balls on off stump, he is defending in the corridor and he is just working balls off his legs away. He is not middling balls as he would in form, though, I'll give you that.

Make no mistake, South Africa are bowling quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread