South Africa in India

whereas Sreesanth bowled with a lot of heart, fighting through the lack of stamina which he evidently had toward the end of the innings.

He was lucky that Yuvi pulled him away though, or another fine would have beckoned. I feel sorry for the fast bowlers to be truthful, running over after over, and the batsmen are bound to just put you away for runs.

This match looks pretty boring unless the Indian batsmen give their wickets away. I guess you can say the advantage is with South Africa, regardless of how flat the pitch is, because they've got the mental confidence of a huge score.

True, but we have the confidence in that Kumble and Harbhajan are in our attack, and they have Paul Harris, who isn't really in the same class, of Kumble at least.

Last edited:
Blame the pitch....

If Wasim Jaffer can hit a six ... that too over the slip area...There definately is some problem.

Apart from that,Amla has improved as a batsman. But on a turner,he would not have scored 159.He could have reached the 90's or so...

Ya Actually I was Blaming pitch so....
I am really disappointed with Venues....Well I though on Dead pitch even Indian Batsman would make the match intresting but looks like Sehwag and jaffer not waned to miss the Chance...

They are using dark cherry in the game. Now as far as my experience with SG balls dark cherry is least likely to swing or seam. I feel mercy for bowlers.

Ya As a Bowler you can feel thatway..But Sentence from Amla "I love to play here,Now whenever I'll out of Form I'll come here to bat".

Last edited:
We can expect to see many records break in this test.Rahul Dravid is just 80 short of reaching 10,000 runs whereas Tendulakr could beat Lara-the most test runs.

You beat me to the Jaffer comment. :p

This match looks pretty boring unless the Indian batsmen give their wickets away. I guess you can say the advantage is with South Africa, regardless of how flat the pitch is, because they've got the mental confidence of a huge score.

Yes,psycologically,the advantage rests with Saf,unless Sehwag is reminded of Multan,which could be the case.
The first session will be important for both teams.

What happened to PC last few days? Couldnt login coz wasnt able to access

SA got a huge one, but I guess India can also get a big one seeing the wicket. I am terribly disappointed with my home ground's wicket. Its regarded as one of the sporting wickets in the country with good bounce and life for the bowlers. But it has been almost like Multan and Faisalabad wickets where he had those boring dull draws in Pakistan (those are the ones that immediately come to my mind).

I hope India get close to the SA total. If they do that, then only South Africa can lose this game. I am confident that with the batters we have, we can do well on this pitch (though india could fluff up too),

Well that was some Domain problem Sai..So we moved out to Planetcricket.tv...
Now everything solved out..
@ to match--Anyone hearted about fighting in Dressing room???
All Players have ready with pads and they want to bat..
Srisanth also told Kumble that he likes to bat on this great Pitch..He assure to score 50...Lol....

Not good tactics by the South Africans. Paul Harris is using negative tactics pitching the ball outside Sehwag's leg stump constantly.

Good hundred by Sehwag! Though helped by the pitch, he has been in some real good test batting form, with his second consecutive hundred.

For Jaffer, this a bread and butter wicket and it will be highly tough to pull him back into the dressing room. Hope these guys can go on further and look to break some records and give the crowd some entertainment.

What is Jaffar doing there? He needs to score at a better pace!

No need. When Sehwag is scoring at that rate at the opposite end, Jaffer is very well off playing the way he has been.

Oh! JAFFER GONE!!! DAMN!!! The Smith-McKenzie record cant be broken! Damn!

Looks like Sehwag set for another 300+...
Whatever People say about Pitch but Runs are always gonna count in Records..So lots of Credit to Sehwag..At least He has not let the Match get boring...
If India want result here they need to keep up the Scoring rate...Until Sehwag will be there no worries for Run rate..

Indian pitches
lol.gif

Forget about sledging, the ICC should ban these crappy pitches.

Would like to thank Sehwag on behalf of Chennai. Whatever this pitch may be, this innings has been really top class. The last few minutes has been stuff of high quality entertainment. And the crowds are loving it. How I wish I was a part of that crowd.

When Sehwag is in there, it is always like Twenty20. Jai Viru Ki! (Hail Virender Sehwag)....

Dravid does good things - giving him the strike.....

Sehwag is killing it.... Huge huge six!!

What an innings by Sehwag! The pitch may be as flat as they come, but Sehwag's innings has definitely been a few miles better than any other played in this match.

Users who are viewing this thread