South Africa in India

I think rain should come down and save fans and players from the agony of playing on that pitch. RSA will suffer more if Sehwag gets in. He can destroy any attack on this docile pitch. Even Aussies with all their gun bowlers from past.

Why the hell did they have to make such a boring pitch ? I have got used to seeing cricket on the excellent Aussie pitches. This is so boring...

For Hashim Amla to get a Test Century the pitch either has to be extremely flat or the bowling attack has to be fairly weak.

That is rubbish! Amla has been a superbly improving batsman technically, since he came onto the scene.

Spot on Ben...lol...Amla has surprised me..
How often we use to say BCCI the reachest board in the World..
Hope many peoples over the world not watching this Crap.....
But I can bet, Indian batsman will make match intresting....

Can Captains agree on draw after 2 days of cricket. Its obvious what the result of this match will be.

Lets play 3 20-20 games in all three days now.

For Hashim Amla to get a Test Century the pitch either has to be extremely flat or the bowling attack has to be fairly weak.

I agree with you on this.
From what I saw of Amla in SA against India in 07, I did not rate him highly.
Did not watch even a single delivery of the SA innings live, so cannot comment on the pitch or the Indian bowling.

These Indian pitches are killing Test match cricket .
We had 2 draws in the Pakistan Test series and this series has also been boring so far.
We have enough fast bowling to trouble teams and we need resonably helpful wickets for that to happen.

Even though Bhajji took 5 in this innings, I don`t think he`ll win you test matches.

Last edited:
i'm back!

Viru and Jaffer are off to a flyer, I hope Sehwag doesn't try to get too agressive and give his wicket away cheaply because I can see a big innings here....

Hopefully, Sehwag can push on to score a hundred, preferably a big one whilst Jaffer accumilates at the other end. Sehwag seems a changed batsman to the one who has struggled as of late, he is more still at the crease and appears more relaxed. He is also more willing to push for singles, although Jaffer is unwilling to comply.

The second innings has just begun at the end of the second day, so it is hard to think how India will force a win here. Their only hope is to have their innings finished by the end of day three and try to skittle South Africa out, which seems quite unlikely to me.

Going back to the beginning of the day, it was much of the same from the Indian bowlers. RP Singh was poor, lacked rhythm and did not seem match-fit whereas Sreesanth bowled with a lot of heart, fighting through the lack of stamina which he evidently had toward the end of the innings. The two spinners were good, Harbhajan particularly shocked me with good use of variations on the pitch to earn five wickets.

Wow...
Whoever have not seen Pitch can still guess the Pitch by following Scenarion..
1..H Amla has made a Century..
2..D Styen not got any wicket although He has bowled near 10 overs..
3..Jaffar is look very Comfortable in the Middle...

Where the hell all money going in BCCI???
World Richest cricket board can't make 3 pitches for 3 test matches which can keep interest in the Match...Damn...

Blame the pitch....

If Wasim Jaffer can hit a six ... that too over the slip area...There definately is some problem.

Apart from that,Amla has improved as a batsman. But on a turner,he would not have scored 159.He could have reached the 90's or so...

They are using dark cherry in the game. Now as far as my experience with SG balls dark cherry is least likely to swing or seam. I feel mercy for bowlers.

If Wasim Jaffer can hit a six ... that too over the slip area...There definately is some problem.
You beat me to the Jaffer comment. :p

This match looks pretty boring unless the Indian batsmen give their wickets away. I guess you can say the advantage is with South Africa, regardless of how flat the pitch is, because they've got the mental confidence of a huge score.

Jaffer hitting six over third man shows

1) The pace of Ntini bowling
2) The pitch has bounce

Its got nothing to do with flat track.

Users who are viewing this thread