South Africa in India

I had a dream last night that Javagal Srinath was back in the side and batting at number 4!

In 1996-97 when India toured South Africa,Javagal Srinath used to come in at No.3 in the ODI's. This was mainly due to a good show in a match in Bangalore.

SA will definately play better than what they did last time round.It was a SA 'A' team that toured last time.

Well On Eve of First test I really want India to bat First...Thanks Aussis that they have cancelled the Pakistan Tour so I can Watch all Matches on ARY Digital..

Can I have something more Boring?????:rolleyes:
Common Kumble take the Bowl and grab some wickets...:clap

South Africa off to a good start. Indian bowlers seem like they are as lax as the mods in moving this thread. :p (<-- there is a smiley here).

When is Ishant Sharma coming back?

When is Ishant Sharma coming back?

Third Test, hopefully.

Harbhajan and Sreesanth both bowled with a lot of heart, but the pitch was extremely flat. Harbhajan seemed to bowl with a lot of intelligence on the pitch. He knew that bowling off breaks alone would trouble the batsmen as some spun and some went straight on, simply due to the pitch and the rather sideways seam, as opposed to the conventional diagonal one. When he finally got out the top spinner, it was enough to get Jacques Kallis, one of the world's best batsmen in the subcontinent.

Sreesanth bowled very accurately and it would seem that his meditation during his shoulder treatment has helped him keep his emotions in tact. However, he still has a little way to go, he is still trying too much. He has gone from one experiment a ball to one an over, if he can change that once against to one experiment, in his case, the inswinger, per spell, he could be very useful on the flat Indian tracks. It was heartening to see him hit 143kph too, showing that he is regaining fitness after his shoulder injury.

Anil Kumble served up quite a few four balls, as usual, but his top spinning LBWs and bowleds should be vital in the latter innings - as well as his leg spinner spinning more, making the batsmen think twice before driving him. RP Singh was most shoddy today, bowling far too short at times. RP Singh must learn that he is currently not an accurate bowler, but he is sharp and can swing it both ways without a concievable change in action. He should try and pitch it right up and not be afraid to go at 4-5 runs an over, as he did in Australia. Playing on a flat track is about wickets, not quelling the flow of runs (although, that is obviously a way to get a wicket for some, like Sreesanth).

Hopefully, India can get into the relatively weak tail early in the morning. If India can get South Africa all out for under 500, they should consider it a job well done. Let's hope that the pitch detiorates enough for Kumble to be a force to be reckoned with tomorrow morning and in the third innings of the match. We all know that Kumble is capable of taking all 10 on crumbled wickets.

Yeh it sure is boring-add to that bad quality of coverage.

On flat pitches and hot days, captains rotate bowlers, why can't they rotate commentators a bit more. Also, where is Ravi Shastri? No offense to him, but I don't particularly want to listen to Graham Thorpe since he appears to have little interest.

Last edited:
Yeh it sure is boring-add to that bad quality of coverage.

Lol..I though only ARY Digital is killing me...Same there??/
Total South Africa's day...Well its eary to comment on RP or Sri..Nothing there in the Pitch for Pace bowlers although there were no disciplines in Bowling..
Fielding looks also so tired,.Hope India will pull back something tomorrow..

I say India will bowl South Africa will bowl South Africa for around 430. India have to take full conditions of a track that is very encouraging for batsmen. Come the 4th and 5th day, Kumble and Harbhajan will have the greatest influence on which way this match goes.

I haven't started my homework so I can stay up all night to watch this. Falling asleep in French class ftw!

hope india can bowl south africa for about 400 then bat well i want them to bat well with that kind of batting line up and get atleast 400 and up

Typical Chennai pitch.By the end of Day 3 ,you might think the match is heading for a draw.But,one side always collapses when spinners come on there.

Users who are viewing this thread