South Africa in India

Its sad for South Africa that India are coming off a successful tour of Australia, and not many sides achieve that. India can be expected to win comprehensively. Dravid and Ganguly will be used to Indian conditions by then, and Sachin takes very little time to adjust back and Yuvraj and Dhoni love these wickets.

I feel Gautam Gambhir should be drafted into the test side in place of Wasim Jaffer. Its time we asked Jaffer to either correct his technique or ship out. Gambhir has showed that he has what it takes to succeed in tough conditions. Plus he has his Delhi teammate Sehwag for company at the top and the compatibility factor sets in. I feel Gambhir should open in tests with Sehwag and Karthik as back up.

Wanna see how Ishant fares on Indian wickets. He wont get the bounce he got in Australia, but being brought up on Indian wickets, he must surely know better things about them. He got 5 wickets against Pakistan but they were almost tail enders. Hope he can replicate his exploits on Indian wickets too because if he does well on subcontinent wickets, he can do well anywhere

India have to worry about using Ishant too much, he is not that strong and needs to be rested once in a while.

Zak and RP will be doing all the fast bowling in India. Playing 3 fast bowlers in India is luxury as there is nothing in pitches for them.

Zak and RP will be doing all the fast bowling in India. Playing 3 fast bowlers in India is luxury as there is nothing in pitches for them.

A small part of that is deliberate though, I am sure the BCCI would be looking to produce faster, bouncier tracks at home with the arrival of the new battery of fast bowlers.

A small part of that is deliberate though, I am sure the BCCI would be looking to produce faster, bouncier tracks at home with the arrival of the new battery of fast bowlers.

That was under Azhar.

The pitches have got better and better thats the reason why Australia won test series here otherwise they dont stand a chance.

Last time SA came to India it was boring test series. Even boring then just concluded India-Pak series.

Agree,Its like you bowl 30 overs under Blessing sun and you get 10 balls with extrabounce from Pitch On other hand even Sachin can spin on a great amount on indian Pitches...Indian Pitches are never for Fast Bowlers...

I feel that India will win this one convincingly.
SA may not have the dge and given that we are coming of a good tour of Aus,it would mean more problems for the SA.
Another thing is-The spinners,SA dont have any unless you count on Paul Harris who might not be able to pick up wickets.
Getting wickets will be tough for SA.They may get a few in the mornings with Steyn and without Pollock it sure will be tough.

Gibbs is not going to be picked for the tour :happy

Last time SA came to India it was boring test series. Even boring then just concluded India-Pak series.

Haha.. I still remember that boring knock from Hall as an opener.. Also another classic top delivery from Ganguly to dismiss the quality Kallis. (clean bowled)

Well, this time, I feel, India is going to win. But hopefully, they(India) don't go too much in party mood after the test success in Aus. Spin Twins are going to play a key role.. On Indian conditions, no doubts eh? ;) Jumbo! He would be tough to face on Indian tracks on Day 4 and 5.

India all the way for me in this test series. :)

Last time round,SA had a bad team.
There was no proper opener,no Boje,no Boucher.
A lot of new faces were introduced of whom none have been seen for a long time.
T Tshabal,T Tsolekile were the spinner & wk resp.
SA played for a draw in the tests

One can argue that South Africa used to play primarily for draws. This may have changed over the last couple of seasons; hopefully it has. I'd say there may be a draw or two in this series since both teams have decent batting line-ups. India looks stronger on paper, but South Africa have been performing. Of course, it all comes down to how quickly they can adjust.

I dont give SA any chance. There batting is not as strong as Indias. And if Gibbs does not come then its advantage India from the go.

Haha.. I still remember that boring knock from Hall as an opener.. Also another classic top delivery from Ganguly to dismiss the quality Kallis. (clean bowled)

Well, this time, I feel, India is going to win. But hopefully, they(India) don't go too much in party mood after the test success in Aus. Spin Twins are going to play a key role.. On Indian conditions, no doubts eh? ;) Jumbo! He would be tough to face on Indian tracks on Day 4 and 5.

India all the way for me in this test series. :)

We tend to overhype the emphasis on spinners in India.
If we still rely on Harbhajan to win test matches in India, we`ll struggle to bowl out even Bangladesh.
It is time we realize that it is our fast bowlers along with Kumble who have won us test matches recently and not the `SPIN TWINS`.

We tend to overhype the emphasis on spinners in India.
If we still rely on Harbhajan to win test matches in India, we`ll struggle to bowl out even Bangladesh.
It is time we realize that it is our fast bowlers along with Kumble who have won us test matches recently and not the `SPIN TWINS`.

Dont worry, Bhajjis days as test match spinner are over. Now we have a very good lineup of fast bowlers hence I expect 3 fast bowlers to play the match. Irfan and Ishant are certaininty and third one can be anyone fit enough.

India might gop in with a 4 pacers -1 spinner option.Else,they should look at playing Piyush Chawla.You need to hone someone for the future too.Harbhajan has'nt looked like a wicket-taker,he is now more of a
run-container.

Users who are viewing this thread