South Africa in India

i am sure it will be on neo sports.

I am sure it ll be another very good series but after the great coverage of espnstar now it ll be neo sports and DD,the cheapest quality coverage and also pretty ordinary commentary team....wont make for pleasant viewing.

Its like drinking water after eating hot Gulab Jamun.

Atleast in India,it will be on Neo.

Trust me,you dont want to see Neo's broadcast,even if ARY is showing it.

Yeah, we`ve got used to ESPN-STARSPORTS`s superb coverage of the Aussie tour.
Pity that an home series seems boring because of the coverage and the commentary team of NEO SPORTS.
I hope they put up a better commentary team than the Pakistan series.
The India-Pakistan series, if you remember was the most boring series for years and the stupid DD commentary team made it even worse for me.

I have a feeling that India now that India won`t find it easy finishing sides off at home because our attack is now more seam/pace based than spin.
That should encourage us to prepare seam conducive tracks at home. Yes, Dale Steyn may rip thriugh our top order but so can Zaheer,RP,Ishant and Sreesanth.

Its like drinking water after eating hot Gulab Jamun.

Its not even that good. Its like drinking salt-water !

Last edited:
this tour will be the true test for the south african fast bowlers like steyn and morkel,they ll be up against agrubly the best batting order in the world.

this tour will be the true test for the south african fast bowlers like steyn and morkel,they ll be up against agrubly the best batting order in the world.

Potatoes. Damn right 'arguably!'

Steyn and Morkel will be fine. I'm not saying we will win, in fact I'm not too confident, but those boys will perform.

Ganguly got a good taste of South African spirit last time, he's in for it. God, that was the best moment in cricket ever. I can still see it, Ganguly whimpering in fear under many many Andre Nel bouncers. Some of the worst batting I had seen in a while.

However, credit to Ganguly, he improved a HELL of a lot since then.

Zaheer will miss first Test match. He should wait till hes fully fit now taht we have some good bowlers.

Zaheer will miss first Test match. He should wait till hes fully fit now taht we have some good bowlers.

Thanks to god..Thats the good news for India..If Zahir would have play then one of our good bowler has to stay out..
Time for some young fast bowler like Ishant..Zaheer got his chance and he delivered in world cup final in 2003..:p
Bowling line up IMO will be
RP Singh
I Sharma
I Pathan / P Kumar
A Kumble
H Singh / P Chawla..

Thanks to god..Thats the good news for India..If Zahir would have play then one of our good bowler has to stay out..
Time for some young fast bowler like Ishant..Zaheer got his chance and he delivered in world cup final in 2003..:p
Bowling line up IMO will be
RP Singh
I Sharma
I Pathan / P Kumar
A Kumble
H Singh / P Chawla..

Zaheer delivered but sadly for Ponting and Martyn. :mad:

Three fast bowlers is luxury in India. Kumble does not like 3 fast bowlers. Ganguly always wanted 3 fast bowlers in side that why either Bhajji or Kumble were playing.

Zaheer had has his chance now.He hasnt really shown himself as a great bowler who can pick up wickets when wanted.
RP is a much better bowl than Zak.

Zaheer delivered but sadly for Ponting and Martyn. :mad:

Three fast bowlers is luxury in India. Kumble does not like 3 fast bowlers. Ganguly always wanted 3 fast bowlers in side that why either Bhajji or Kumble were playing.

In India,you will have to play 2 spinners.Else,they might even go in with 3 spinners which leaves RP/Ishant as the spearhead with Ganguly opening the bowling.

Ganguly opening the bowling.

:noway

Irfan is highly unlikely to play in India. Its time for Kumble to get his old men now and we will see same old India fielding and running between wickets. :crying

Irfan is highly unlikely to play in India. Its time for Kumble to get his old men now and we will see same old India fielding and running between wickets. :crying

Irfan needs to get his swing working,else its bye-bye for him.He has been acting more like a batsman nowadays.
Maybe a short stint at the MRF academy might help him.

The CB Series has sure given the selectors a headache.

India Team-
Jaffer/Chopra
Gambhir
Tendulkar
Dravid
Ganguly
VVS
Dhoni
Kaarthik
Yuvraj
Kumble
Harbhajan
RP
Ishant
Sreesanth

This is what it would look like.Jaffer might just be repalced by Aakash Chopra and I believe it is time that Gautam Gambhir is rewarded for his consistency.

My team/squad for the first Test would probably be:

Aakash Chopra
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Anil Kumble
Ishant Sharma
RP Singh

You are still inclined towards playing 3 seamers in India ?
Aakash Chopra ought to have replaced Jaffer,but what do you think about Gambhir ?Still not matured to don the Test cap ?

Jaffer and Yuvi will never make the side. Akash Chopra and Gambhir are ideal opening pair but I still have doubts about Gambhir as openor. Not forget Sehwag scored century in last test innings and hes more of test batsman these days (Irony). The XI should be:

Akash Chopra
Sehwag/Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni
Bhajji
Kumble
Ishant
RP Singh

Fielding is not as important in tests as it is in the shorter formats. Played over 5 days, other skills are more important than fielding skills. You have more time on your hands to bat, and so if a fielder saves 10-15 runs, you can still score it later with your bat.

We got to work towards number one - Kumble
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Story...rue&Headline=We+can+become+number+one:+Kumble

Quite happy to see Kumble asking our team to get over the euphoria and start focussing on reaching the top. It certainly helps when you have two different captains and the next captain is some one who was not involved with the recent successes or failures. It will bring sanity in both success and failure.

We have the potential to reach the top. We have lot of test cricket coming up this year, and if we play really well, we can be way closer to Australia than where we are right now.

Jaffer and Yuvi will never make the side. Akash Chopra and Gambhir are ideal opening pair but I still have doubts about Gambhir as openor. Not forget Sehwag scored century in last test innings and hes more of test batsman these days (Irony). The XI should be:

I guess we got to bring back the old successful combo of Sehwag and Chopra with Gambhir serving as the back up. With Chopra at the other end, Sehwag can play his attacking game and we can see more runs coming off the blade. Gambhir deserves the test call, and should be back up in case we need rotation or if we have injury. Jaffer has to work tremendously in domestic cricket if he has to play again for India. His technique has been sorted out abroad. Yuvi also wont play tests for a while now. Let him wait till one of the seniors sign off.

Last edited:

Aakash Chopra
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Anil Kumble
Ishant Sharma
RP Singh

/agree. Makes for a fairly strong batting lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread