South Africa in India

Well,truth be told,our players have been busy promoting their IPL teams and have hardly got the time to practise.To add to that,they havent been properly rested ever since the England tour last year. I'm not surprised that this has happened. It is time our Board learns from mistakes.

Indian bowling-it somehow doesnt deliver at home[pacers].The spinners do a very good job.Kumble,as you can see,is not well.Yes,they should have brought in Piyush Chawla for this match.

The thing about india's pace attack for me is that they seem to not have a stand out seamer.

Pathan.Sre,Sharma and RP seem to be on the same level,there isn't two that look like they would play for the next few years consistently

And i actually think india is a better team away from home.

Lol, no! Kumble has played with an injury, hence the unpenatrative bowling.
India's bowling is overrated? Yes and no. Yes, the Indian fast bowlers are often hapless at home - but Ishant Sharma (Australia), Zaheer Khan and RP Singh (England) and Sreesanth (South Africa) have all shown a lot of talent when in their favoured conditions. The adaptability is what the Indian fast bowlers lack.

I feel that if adaptability does not become apparent in the next few years, India may resort, at home, to the 'Pacer + Three Spinners' tactic as they had throughout the 1970s to just a few years back. To be honest, it may not be a totally bad thing, as spin bowling is still India's forte and I am sure that it should not be difficult to prepare spinning pitches in India.

I'm with you all the way on the spinner thing,why the hell would india prepar a green picth for a game against SA who's attack is all about pace?

i remember sehawag complaining a few years ago when the india team was in NZ that india doesn't prepare picthes suited to there needs.

seems strange to me that the india wouldn't prepare a belter if a track that suits the spinners.

at they end of the day,that's why you play at home,so you can have an advantadge,right?

Last edited:
I'm with you all the way on the spinner thing,why the hell would india prepar a green picth for a game against SA who's attack is all about pace?

at they end of the day,that's why you play at home,so you can have an advantadge,right?

Its not the first time the pitch curators have done the mistake.They did it against NZ in 1999,against Aus in 2004 and now.
I personally would have liked to see a spinner friendly track.I believe that home advantage should be there.

Hope thing s are better in Kanpur.

Not a bad idea, in a few years, the likes of Ojha and Chawla will really come to the fore, and playing someone like Ishant and probably Harbhajan (:() will probably be the way to go to at home.

Not a bad idea, in a few years, the likes of Ojha and Chawla will really come to the fore, and playing someone like Ishant and probably Harbhajan (:() will probably be the way to go to at home.

Well,i must say that he has looked very positive this series.Ojha,is not a bad option and i would really like to see him play.Murali Karthik will bring in a lot of variety to the attack.

I believe that the issue comes with that spinning tracks are often initially very flat - and curators are trying to avoid dead pitches like Chennai, like the plague.

I believe that the issue comes with that spinning tracks are often initially very flat - and curators are trying to avoid dead pitches like Chennai, like the plague.

I suppose,you dont want games that are going to a draw after the first two days.

but as long as the track can turn after the first few days,india should be well in with a chance of winning.

maybe the lack of a real good pace attack is what lets india down.

I'd say that it is more injuries. India have several very good fast bowlers who have proved themselves at Test match level (in order of ability, best to worst).
  • Zaheer Khan
  • Ishant Sharma
  • RP Singh
  • Sreesanth
  • Irfan Pathan
  • Munaf Patel

The problem is though, as we speak, the first two are injured, the third is carrying a niggle, the fourth has just returned from injury and is also carrying a niggle and the latter gets injured every few days.

Yay, South Africa! Go AB! Well done Dale!

Aaaarrrgghh, Indian fans!!!!!!! Don't kill me!!!! :eek:

:)

But he's only played 5 test matches. He's not a proven test bowler yet. I'd say that Dale Steyn is only just a proven test match bowler and he's played 21 test matches. Sharma's not done enough or played enough to be considered a proven TM bowler.

I have had with Dhoni in Test matches. He should be dropped untill he is made Captain. Dumb idiot does not know how to play Test matches when in ODIS he neer played rash shot in Australia.

I have had with Dhoni in Test matches. He should be dropped untill he is made Captain. Dumb idiot does not know how to play Test matches when in ODIS he neer played rash shot in Australia.

I say we should give MS on more chance in a test, then we should consider bringing in Kishantakumar Dinesh Karthik in....

I will bring Parthiv. He is leftie and scores heavily than both in domestic cricket. He can also open like KKD.

Drop Jumbo. I think he should take responsibility and retire after this game. They are playing him like medium pacer.

Yeah I agree, Parthiv is better than KKD (because he's Gujarati! :D - lol, not), he also deserves the call up more than Karthik...

Users who are viewing this thread