South Africa in India

Not a Bad Comparison. Actually Yuvi is most capable match finisher India ever has. But Honestly He is not one for Test Matches.
I am not saying because He has not scored recently, if he would score then also I think He is not comfortable for Format.

Laxman and Dravid batted very well. You need to stop being so critical.

Laxman especially was very good.

I'd open the bowling with Harbajan tomorrow.

I still Sree and Ishant can add up 20-25 runs to the lead tomorrow (they are capable of doing it). A lead of 50 runs would be a whole lot useful.

I will also open with Harbhajan. Also the ball is reversing as early as the 10th over or so. Ishant and Harbhajan, our best bowlers, should start proceedings. It will be a very interesting day's play tomorrow. India are in there with a chance to square the series despite losing the toss.

I believe that Sreesanth should be given the instruction to bowl as if the game is an ODI, at high pace and looking to pitch the ball up. Dhoni should make it clear that it is unlikely that he will bowl more than fifteen overs in the innings too and so should not look to conserve stamina.

Interesting, But what would Dhoi do if he suddenly picked up a few quick wickets, surely he can't just take him off and not bowl him for the rest of the innings...

Obviously not, but due to the state of the pitch, it is unlikely that he will bowl more than 10, never mind 15 overs. If he gets wickets, he will naturally charge up and bowl quicker anyway - I have noticed that the Indian fast bowlers all increase their pace by about 5kph for the over after they have taken a wicket.

On the topic of Sreesanth; I made a post on another forum about how he can improve in the future...

Sreesanth needs bowling training. He needs extensive coaching to help him with his technique. He generates a lot of strength through the wrist and shoulder, but often wastes his action. I believe a bowler that he could look to model himself on could be Dennis Lillee, as the two have similar(ish) actions. Sreesanth needs to concentrate on keeping the same load up, jump length and run up speed throughout a match, rather than changing each ball. In the event that Sreesanth does not have the stamina to charge in for entire spells, it would be beneficial for him to run in slower, but at that consistent pace for an entire days play to aid him to keep a more easily attainable rhythm. He should also look to cut down the number of variations he uses - Prasad should look to encourage him to cut down the number of variations he uses per spell and certainly encourage him to bowl more entire overs of simply line & length and outswing.

Last edited:
india need to first try and increase the league to somewhere around 50, if that can be done we got a good chance, but this game is equally poised, i would not want to chase anything 200+

I back Harbhajan and Ishant for the South African 2nd innings.If they can run through South Africa and get them all out for 170-180 (more lower would be awesome too), we will be chasing 150 odd which would be a bit tricky but chaseable.

Tomorrow morning, Sree should take it to the South Africans. Try to add a few runs to the lead. Highly important to do it. I have been happy with the way India have played in this test match. Its not a pitch that assists India. Its a pitch that is not easy for South Africa, thats all. Its very tough for the Indian batsmen too.

Theres 4 main batsmen who need to get out early; Smith, McKenzie, Kallis and Amla. I reckon if we get them 4 out with the score around 100 we have a good chance in this match because I reckon we can blow away the rest of the batting lineup with ease...

Well Still 91 is highest Partnership of the match.Means its not easy to bat here, If someone hitting the Deck hard with good line and length.
Its very important for India to pick some early wickets when India will come to Bowl.Its all about one Partnership.India need to take wickets at regular interval.
Hope for best.

our bowlers have made these batsmen world class

its time for our bowlers to learn from their mistakes

waiting for ishant to floor some of these batsmen :D

Arun Lal and Ramiz Raja are talking about Sreesanth as if it's Sachin who's batting.

"Weight distributed evenly, batting outside his crease, just look at the concentration on his face. Ooh! How artfully left! This is a master at his work. It is mouth watering to think of a day of batting from Sreesanth. Really."

They are serious too. :rolleyes:

Easiest catch dropped!

And Lal is like "HUGE LET OFF! Sreesanth will make use of this now!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread