South Africa in India

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dravid jot a Jaffer of bowl.

That wicket by Bhajji will surely lift Indian team but these oldies are hard to get lift.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well bowled Bhajji, India's aim from now would probably be to restrict the lead to under 150...

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
India would need the pitch to deteriorate under the sun, in which the two spinners come into play. There is more assistance for the seamers and it looks a good batting pitch now. What can the turbanator do?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
India have collapsed against good bowling and I think that they have firmly learned that preparing a seam friendly wicket and giving South Africa first crack at it is probably not the wisest thing to do.

Furthermore, perhaps India could look at using different openers. Virender Sehwag's failure can be tolerated due to his high average success rate, but Wasim Jaffer has often been found wanting on seaming wickets and when this problem translates in home pitches - something must be done. An average of 8.16 in Australia; 24.40 in England and 30.83 in South Africa demonstrates his incapability to bat in anything but a road.

I am pretty sure that India will lose (or maybe draw) this one. Whatever happens, hopefully India can take a long hard look at themselves - especially Wasim Jaffer and the fast bowling unit. I remain sure that this was a freak occurance, but such occurances should not occur when fighting it out for second in the world.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Indai can go to 5th place if they loose 2-0.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
101/3 with Harbhajan claiming another. Harbhajan will have to bowl out of his patka to get India back into the match.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Sardar on fire. If he gets back to his old ways then he can get 6-7 wickets in spells easily.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well the turbanator has clamed down...

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Not a Bad show from Indian Bowlers..
Bhajji has surprised me as It always feels better when your bowler takes wickets in tough condition...

Styen+Ntini have taken 8 and Mornie had two..So I think Pitch is still good for Fast Bowling If you are accurate then..But Rather RP and Srisanth were Crap there..
No Chance Ishant would have perform same...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
South Africa in the truck-driver's seat. I think a bit of complacency from the Indians to adjust from the previous pitch, which was about as difficult to bat on as ... well I shouldn't mention on this family forum.

I think South Africa watched and learned (and played a little more defensively). It's catch up all the way now.

Users who are viewing this thread